Why are there so many accidents between J18 & J19 of the M6

mancity dan

Looking at traffic updates it's going to take me an age to get home after work from Altrincham to Winsford, due to one of the carriageways on the M6 being shut due to a HGV accident.

This seems to be happening every other day.

Looking at traffic updates it's going to take me an age to get home after work from Altrincham to Winsford, due to one of the carriageways on the M6 being shut due to a HGV accident.

This seems to be happening every other day.

There are 3 exits and entries in the space of a couple of miles. Birch services is very close to junction 19. People heading east are getting into lane to come off at 19 just as people leaving Birch services are joining the motorway. People joining at 19 who are heading west have the same problem with people getting into lane to enter Birch services. It's a choke point and a very busy and dangerous stretch of the M62.

Both are as bad as each other Stony. The M6 situation is a joke. I get on at J19 on a Wednesday and at the weekends to get my boy from Liverpool and there's hardly a time when there's not been something happened between 18 and 21 where I join the M62. I've asked the same question many a time and still none the wiser. Only explanation is the motorways are full of cunts who can't drive.

Both are as bad as each other Stony. The M6 situation is a joke. I get on at J19 on a Wednesday and at the weekends to get my boy from Liverpool and there's hardly a time when there's not been something happened between 18 and 21 where I join the M62. I've asked the same question many a time and still none the wiser. Only explanation is the motorways are full of cunts who can't drive.

I used to tramp up and down the M6 regularly, but in the last 15 years or so I've rarely used it. It was fucking horrible back then, I can only presume it's got worse.

There's a couple of entry slips in the Staffordshire area that are incline entries. Lorries are crawling when they join the carriageway, so everyone either moves over, or hits the brakes.

The worst one for me is the Swinton interchange. Whoever designed that must have known it was a horrific idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.