why do we always attack the family stand in the 2nd half?

When they build a giant one tier'd Kippax 'end' we can all relocate there and it we'll be able to suck the ball into the net like the Kop do!

I have no idea what goes on these days but when I was a kid whoever won the toss would decide depending on the weather. If it was windy as fuck or sunny as fuck etc..
Can't imagine the person that makes the call could give a shit about which stand they are attacking.

I agree completely. To hand over a huge end to opposing fans for cup games is one of the stupidest things in the history of City, & we've had a few.

But it's partly the fault of those fans who demand that standing right next to a bunch of fat Geordies is essential to backing our team. Throughought the history of football it's the home areas which have been famous for creating atmosphere but at our place these days, it can only happen if the people involved are pulling faces at away fans.

No idea why that is the case at City. Nowhere else seems to have that problem.

Definitely this. Considering the effort 1894 and the like go to, to be some type of de facto 'ultras' section, look at the best examples of such areas around Europe, nearly always a dedicated end on the other side from away fans. I admire what they're going for but it'll never have the impact located where it is now. The argument that baiting away fans is needed for atmosphere is demonstrably wrong, and perhaps even detrimental to getting a solid, City block going.

One game here or there won't cut it, it will need a long time to foster an atmosphere in one block, and to change the mindset that calling a West Brom fan for wearing a pink shirt, is atmospheric.

Probably because it means we're attacking the end full of City supporters in the second half as oppossed to the away end. Conversley, the away team has a similar attitude.

Was thinking about this after seeing the highlights after KDB's goal the other night. It's no offence to the guys in the north stand but you just don't see limbs all over the shop (agueroooo aside), which was certainly happening in SS level1.

I just wanna see players enjoying it with fans more but is that enough for things to change? Probably not

I'm sure this has been mentioned on here before and I have just seen it raised in the dippers thread, but does anyone know if there is a reason why we always attack the family stand in the 2nd half of matches at home? When you see other teams they always attack their main 'end' during the second half. The rags do it at the Stretford end, scousers at the Kop, Chelsea at the Shed. why dont we do it with the South Stand?

With us it would also give the added bonus of the away team not attacking to their own fans in the second half.
dead right mate, been saying it for ages now,take away fans out of south stand and put up in gods out of sight

I was told some time ago that in Premier League games only there is an understanding that the home team chooses which way to kick. The toss is then only to decide who kicks off. This does not apply to other competitions.

I was told some time ago that in Premier League games only there is an understanding that the home team chooses which way to kick. The toss is then only to decide who kicks off. This does not apply to other competitions.

Not for me this, when we played Spurs at the lane we won the toss and turned them around, the spurs fans around me
all stated that the last time a team did that to them got spanked.

We lost 4-1 however the last team to do it was wigan and that was a 9-1 thrashing

we have been the best home team in england for the last 5 or 6 years but lets change it because some people inthe south stand think it would be a better experience for them,how selfish is that ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.