Why do you take drugs?

Shadz69 said:
strongbowholic said:
Shadz69 said:
Am I the only one here that thinks alchohol is a drug?When people talk about gateway drugs this is the numero uno no?
Alcohol is a horrific drug. State sponsored soporific that keeps the masses in check. If it had only been discovered last week they'd have class A'd it straight away.

That said, it is the one for me, sadly.

Yeah that about says it for me too.It has wreaked more damage on Irish families than all the illicit drugs put together.
What makes me chuckle (and to be honest I don't smoke cigs) is they went on the offensive against tobacco and its effects - you know the shocking pictures of blackened lungs etc - yet alcohol, not a thing!

Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff and don't want pics of dying alkies with every pint I buy but given that the long term effects of alcohol can potentially be as bad as tobacco, it makes me laugh they've left it well alone.

The only thing we get is "don't drink and drive".

Alchohol is far worse than most drugs, I just don't understand how people I know in the pub preach to people about the horrors of cannabis and cocaine whilst swigging their 8th pint and dropping a few Jaegers.

Drugs not really for me though, used to smoke green a lot but settle for alcohol.

bennyblue said:
Shadz69 said:
strongbowholic said:
Alcohol is a horrific drug. State sponsored soporific that keeps the masses in check. If it had only been discovered last week they'd have class A'd it straight away.

Yeah that about says it for me too.It has wreaked more damage on Irish families than all the illicit drugs put together.

is this the catholic church thread ?

Well I know in my house growing up it was only the best sherry for the PP and it was hidden away while the drinks cabinet contained all sorts.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:52 am --<br /><br />
strongbowholic said:
Shadz69 said:
strongbowholic said:

What makes me chuckle (and to be honest I don't smoke cigs) is they went on the offensive against tobacco and its effects - you know the shocking pictures of blackened lungs etc - yet alcohol, not a thing!

Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff and don't want pics of dying alkies with every pint I buy but given that the long term effects of alcohol can potentially be as bad as tobacco, it makes me laugh they've left it well alone.

The only thing we get is "don't drink and drive".

They will get round to it sooner or later,I just know if it was a choice between alcohol or weed for my kids I would rather see em smoking.I rarely drink now,a few bottles of Bulmers of a hot day in the garden is about it for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.