Why does the club allow poor journalism? Is this the worst article ever?

Having switched my comp on earlier, bleary eyed from last nights excesses(at home of course) and intriuged by the description of "worst article ever" I did read it.

For me its more about a hypocritical(like all the other footy journos) dippers fan upset with how things are going this season, and therefore lashing out at the obvious target, being us.

This stage last season liverpool had amassed 79 points!!! thats 14 more than we currently have, if they had repeated that this season, even with our win at Anfield they would still be well clear. You can bet your house that if that were the case now, then not only would dippers be being lauded for "improving football" but we would be accused of failing dramatically. Pep being found out, and players needing to leave to win things etc.

Yet here we are with the same points as the above scenario, but we are now ruining football, with all the City bingo reasons thrown in for good measure, why?......just because dippers are failing badly.

This guys affiliation to the liverpool is affecting his ability to write something that is relevant and interesting, so instead reverts to "fan banter" levels of writing with hateful intent to bolster opposing fans views of our club and why we are the best.

Instead of this worthless tripe, he should be penning something that explains why dippers form has crashed(beyond the lack of crowds excuse) and how they might turn it around. Instead, we live in his head and he is all too happy to be on the payroll of those who would damage our stature.

I wasn't suggesting having a slanging match in public. There are more subtle ways of handling these issues and I am sure we will already be using them. You must never give oxygen to the trolls but even an organisation like the Independent doesn't like being made to look stupid by publishing inaccurate information. There is a reason why Evans is now a freelance though he used to hold a prestigious position in the UK media as Football Editor of The Times.
Spot on. You should answer the liars privately, not in a public slanging match.

There does seem to be more than a little of that. He does seem to accept that FSG are dominated by financial aims but his argument that Liverpool's title win was the aberration has more than a hint of Klopp's "we can't compete". However this is aimed at both Manchester clubs (even though there's only one!) and seems to be the latest articulation of Liverpudlian sour grapes.
It ia quite likely that he sees that FSG will always prioritize profit over silverware and spend just the amount on the team that keeps them in the CL and no more. His argument then is with FSG. He would love our situation where silverware is the main goal, subject only to breaking even. Put yourself in his position as a fan, when he says we are the best run club in the league it is an attack on FSG.

The title of this thread is gibberish.

'Why does the club allow poor journalism?' I thought it must be something published on the City official website.

How are the club supposed to prevent shit journalism? Apart from the fact that official complaints will give credence to the 'he must be onto something brigade' but it would be totally counter productive and draw attention to the the scouse headcase.

There is bugger all anyone can do about what any of the press say. Never give them the oxygen of publicity.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foo...of-their-own-before-derby/ar-BB1eiXbB?ocid=sf
Shock horror Liverpool-supporter pens article for the Independent which gets published yesterday. What does it mention?
1. State ownership. Tick
2. Money. Tick
3. Sports-washing. Tick
4. City ruining football. Tick

This fucker (Tony Evans) has been paid to write this shit. It’s about time the club brought these arseholes to task over their lies and continuing digs. What a bellend this fella is.
That is one Top Rant.
Love it..

Wont click the link, fuck them. Most journalism is poor these days...the industry is dying on its arse, and I'm more than happy to contribute the sum total of fuck all to it.
The only time I buy a paper these days is when I’m flying out from Liverpool, then I purposely buy the sun, and just leave it on my table with the front page showing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.