Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

This is bollocks

What the fuck is a "superclub"?

We're on a long journey here, the whole club, the CFG, the Academy, is all being built from the ground up, and the first thing that is laid is foundations, you go up from there.

Sure we spent a lot of money, and it helped us to a decent haul of silverware in the last 8 years or so, but the whole thing is still being built, we're still in the early stages. It has to be done this way. I don't give a shit if some tin pot reporter thinks we should have done more in rhat time, fuck him.

We saw Blackburn pick up a title back in the day with the purchase of top drawer players, but the foundations weren't laid, and look where they are now. The clubs currently around us have had a lot longer than us to build and establish, and it shows it many ways, not least in the easy ride they get from the media. We're still "new money", and that's vulgar to them, so you get shite filler pieces like this.

This club is going to nothing but get better, bigger, stronger, and it will be built on solid foundations. Ffs, we're not going to win everything all the time, but we will take a good slice of what's on offer.

Mancini's team is far superior than current team.
they mixed between physical and technical. skillful and powerful.
most of the players is in their prime time.
very solid at the back, still can breathe easily even its 1-0.
City back then are more like Chelsea than shit Barca that we are trying to copy nowadays.
current team get bullied easily, both by opponents and referees.

how long does it take to become a 'super club'?

Clubs like Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc have been peforming at the top for decades. Its arrogant to think that no matter how much money we have or spend, we should be a 'super club' within a few years when its takes decades of continued success.

we've come a long way granted in a short space of time and we compete in the most competitive league in the modern game, but come back to me when we have won the league about 10 times, domiated our country for a good number of years and won a few European Cups then we might have a shot of being labelled as a 'super club' .... IMO.

Our recent transfers.

1. We need a goalkeeper with a strong presence.
2. We need a second Kompany in character and defensive work, just in case the real Kompany can't play for whatever reason.
3. Flexibility. We used to have it in midfield with Nasri and Silva who each brought something different to pulling the strings in midfield, and also had a different approach in strikers with Dzeko, Negredo and Aguero. When we had Tevez we were able to unlock almost any tactics.

For this season I put it down to missing Kompany, and having a new goalkeeper with teething problems. There was just no direction and order at the back. KdB's drop in form has also played a part. So it's Kompany missing, Bravo's questionable presence, and KdB uncharacteristic series of misplaced passes and bad decisions.

For the future, we have to sort out several positions. Keeper, centreback, left back, a different midfield playmaker. The return of Gundogan and the addition of Jesus is in the right direction. Watching Caballero the past few games have convinced me that he is above average in passes. He doesn't have to dribble with his feet but he certainly has an eye for opening passes. He's had a few world class saves as well, good against penalties, and won several 1v1s. Is it possible that there is actually a world class keeper in him but because of his stature as a 2nd keeper and not sensationalised as other number 1s, he is typified as just backup?

Getting rid of Mancini was a huge mistake.

It was. I'm not sure if I will grow into Pep, but Mancini seems to bleed City more than Hughes, Pellegrini and Pep combined. I was more impressed with his seasons before winning the league when he did the impossible - improved our defending that made Etihad a fortress. He has an eye for good transfers as well, with Yaya, Aguero, Silva, Nasri and Kolarov being the core to our already existing backbone of Hart, Zabaleta and Kompany.

Mancini's team is far superior than current team.
they mixed between physical and technical. skillful and powerful.
most of the players is in their prime time.
very solid at the back, still can breathe easily even its 1-0.
City back then are more like Chelsea than shit Barca that we are trying to copy nowadays.
current team get bullied easily, both by opponents and referees.
City ms-managed the squad thereafter because we had the resources to replace players as and when they passed their peak, and failed to do so.

Guardiola now has to rebuild the squad in an era when there are 6 clubs at the top of the Premier league who are challenging. Utd for example are 6th and spent record amounts on players so it's going to be difficult. There are very few players at this level who can replace players like Toure but we have to now compete with at least 5 other clubs in our own league for these players. On top of that you have teams like Everton an Crystal Palace who will spend huge amounts on players

It annoys me when ex-players like Shearer claim that City have disappointed under Guardiola when they fail to recognise that we have been without a first choice keeper, central defender, and full backs for most of the season. Guardiola is being criticised for errors made in the past.

It was. I'm not sure if I will grow into Pep, but Mancini seems to bleed City more than Hughes, Pellegrini and Pep combined. I was more impressed with his seasons before winning the league when he did the impossible - improved our defending that made Etihad a fortress. He has an eye for good transfers as well, with Yaya, Aguero, Silva, Nasri and Kolarov being the core to our already existing backbone of Hart, Zabaleta and Kompany.
I think he left City with no alternative but to sack him because he had fallen out with the players to the point where they no longer listened. You could have bought all those players because they were all outstanding. That was an time when no one challenged City in the transfer market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.