Why MCFC haven't won the League yet-Width

Blue Coop said:
This image is more than 800 pixels wide so I can't upload it but it's interesting - stole it from RAWK.

<a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/Kpbdz.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.imgur.com/Kpbdz.png</a>

WOW ! That byline % of crosses is by far the best.Didn`t see that coming.

CityCTID said:
b63i2h.jpg

Thats the one, cheers. Liverpool over 1000 crosses and only 7 headed goals, amazing really.

No one tactic and no one team is invincible.

We saw with Chelsea against Barcelona that a team defending deep and narrow can restrict even the best executors of passing and movement football, United's wide players would have torn that same Chelsea team to shreads. However if United had played Barcelona they wouldn't have been able to defend as Chelsea did whilst retaining the width so it's swings and roundabouts. What you do need is as many options as possible to be able to change the tactics to beat the opposition on any given day. That is why we need wingers.

The managers of teams who play Champions League every season continually moan about being away after a European fixture, especially Bacon and Wenger. And so as if by pure coincidence in our first Champions League we are away after EVERY European fixture

Fulham away 2-2
Blackburn away 0-4
Rags away 1-6
QPR away 2-3
Liverpool away 1-1
Chelsea away 2-1

Seven points dropped and a proper struggle at QPR who were bobbins at the time. That's why were 2nd favourites for the league at the moment.

HAHA, seriously, our formation and lack of width havent hurt us that bad? most goals scored, and best denfensive record in the leauge. and like the auther said himself, we have the players for a narrow formation so thats why we play that way.

but as a plan B it would be nice to have players available as AJ, and Hazard.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 pm --<br /><br />
fatbloke said:
No one tactic and no one team is invincible.

We saw with Chelsea against Barcelona that a team defending deep and narrow can restrict even the best executors of passing and movement football, United's wide players would have torn that same Chelsea team to shreads. However if United had played Barcelona they wouldn't have been able to defend as Chelsea did whilst retaining the width so it's swings and roundabouts. What you do need is as many options as possible to be able to change the tactics to beat the opposition on any given day. That is why we need wingers.
THIS!!! best post

Midlothian Blue said:
ballymunblue said:
scum have width in abundance and they have thrown it away (i hope)

We will be throwing it away if Mancini decides to start with Ballotelli on Monday. He must be mad to be even considering it! Why break up a Aguero/Tevez partnership thats flourishing just at the right time?

Well its to give the rags food for thought. They know what he did to them the last time he played so they will be very vary about him playing some part in the game. But he will definitely start with Aguero and Tevez up front, no doubt about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.