Why so many 3pm games?

It feels like we have more 3pm Saturday games than any other recent season. Obviously this means that these games aren't on TV. I've not counted up how many games we're on TV this season, or if there is a quota that the PL must allocate us, but the cynical blue specs make me think that the powers that be are trying to force us out of the limelight. Am I being cynical or is it just my imagination?
The answer is (at least it used to be), all clubs have to be shown live on domestic TV a minimum of 8 times through the season, so it makes sense to get in as many of the so called Mid table teams in the first half of the season because the likely hood is from about Feb/March onwards probably every game of ours & fellow Top (& bottom) of the table sides will be selected for TV.

The 3 pm games we've had so far (Fulham, West Ham, Forest, Wolves) I can understand at this stage in the season why they haven't been picked for TV. The next one is Brighton which I did think would be given how well they'd been doing when that weekends games were picked.

The Bournemouth game again you can understand why not picked but then I expect every game up to The Palace home game to be picked for TV (Chelsea already has, Liverpool nailed on for the 5:30pm Sat spot, I reckon the Spurs game will the 12:30 game on the Saturday, Villa away midweek I think all those games will be on Amazon and Luton away Sky wont be able to help themselves, either 5:30 Saturday or 4:30 Sunday prime time for them)

will never complain about 3pm KO times, worst I can remember was the 2001/02 season under Keegan in January we got Watford away at 6pm on a Sunday night, Ipswich away in FA Cup following Sunday night at 7pm, Wimbledon away week after at 2pm Sunday then 2 weeks after got Newcastle away at 7pm on Sunday night in FA Cup, we really did have some bad KO times that season

From what I have read and heard is in the next couple of years Sky will lose the major part of the TV rights to a major internet company, Kick-off times will be all over the place and even late Sunday night games will happen and 3pm Kick-offs will be a thing of the past
This ties in with the massive charm offensive Sky seem to be on with their customers at the minute, I received a call the other day to see if I’m happy with the service etc, they give out free remote controls if you lose it/break it, Sky vip are giving out two free cinema tickets a month and so on, I said to me dad they’re pretty gonna lose the footy package

Didn’t the stadium announcer fella say something sarcastic like “kicking off on a Saturday for the third game in a row for the first time since?” Just before the forest game ?

I would watch City anytime, evening mid week would be even better so I avoid flak from mrs death ..
The game is being killed by VAR and the likes of Sky/BT etc.. There will be a reckoning one day in the future after so many billions chucked at it season after season, to the detriment of lower league sides …
I respect your opinion mate but don’t agree so it’s pointless us arguing the toss over it anymore :-)

I'm not arguing just saying, I don't think many would want to watch City at night all the time. Especially if it was on tv.

If it wasn't then that may be a little better.

And yes fair enough, always chance to avoid the moans from the mrs.

The County comment I made is true btw, I am a Stockport/192 based Blue, and often get told of it. Despite it working for them at the time

will never complain about 3pm KO times, worst I can remember was the 2001/02 season under Keegan in January we got Watford away at 6pm on a Sunday night, Ipswich away in FA Cup following Sunday night at 7pm, Wimbledon away week after at 2pm Sunday then 2 weeks after got Newcastle away at 7pm on Sunday night in FA Cup, we really did have some bad KO times that season
ITV seemed to pick anytime they wanted, 2.15, 5.15 and 6.15pm on Sundays, 12, 1230, 1pm on Sats.

We were the main team they showed, it was like MCFC TV.

Then the BBC went one better with the FA Cup. I remember not going to Ipswich as it was too much, and the 8pm Monday game at the end of the season before was too fresh. Missed a cracker but saw an image of it 15 seconds later on the telly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.