Wigan Athletic

Re: The Lets All Cheer on Wigan Thread

bobbyowenquiff said:
Given the content of some of this thread it may be worth pointing out that Whelan is very litigious.

I think Ric will be alright, no one has accused leg of anything specific and McKay's misdemeanours are already in the public domain.

is this what people are referring to?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wigan-chairman-dave-whelan-says-3316237
Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has ignited a new football race row after he told a radio station that black players have "just got to get on with it".

The Latics' chief believes that those who do complain about on-field insults are "a little bit out of order".

His comments come following racism allegations against John Terry, and an alleged incident involving Patrice Evra and Luis Suarez. Terry and Suarez deny any wrongdoing.

Whelan told radio station LBC 97.3: "If a white man insults a black man, that's big, big news. If, if, a black man insults a white man, that's nothing, and it's expected.

"So I just think we should forget colour, and, you know, it doesn't bother anybody, I'm sure, colour and.... sometimes a footballer... erm, when they're playing at such a level... you know the stress is there.

"And if, if, they call somebody white, if they call somebody black, you've just got to get on with it.

Whelan added: "You know I think the players who come and complain sometimes, they're a little bit out of order.

"The game is a game, the game is a football game, whether you're white, black, pink, red, it doesn't matter. We're all, we're all equal, and we all play football, and we should get on with it."

Personally I believe shagging your sister in law over a number of years is far worse. But I suppose it depends on who your employer is on how events are reported in the football press.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
plongo said:
McKay and Whelan deserve each other both vile in their own ways
Yep. The sexist, homophobic manager will get on very well with his racist chairman.

Can you put some meat on the bones of this statement PB. It's something I am unaware of if their is a story knocking about.
He made some comments about our owners that were, in my view, racist. Can't remember if it was in the papers or on the radio though.

Prestwich_Blue said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Yep. The sexist, homophobic manager will get on very well with his racist chairman.

Can you put some meat on the bones of this statement PB. It's something I am unaware of if their is a story knocking about.
He made some comments about our owners that were, in my view, racist. Can't remember if it was in the papers or on the radio though.
Just been having a look and he always refers to them as 'the Arabs'. Not Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mansour or even 'their owners' but 'the Arabs'. Imagine if he called the rags' owners 'the Jews'? Also, he was the sage that said that black players who were racially abused should ignore it and just get on with it as they were causing the problem by reporting such remarks.

Anyway, now that their thoroughly loathsome owner has an equally loathsome manager, let's hope (to use that well known racist phrase) they go back to where they came from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.