Wilfried Bony - gone to Swansea official

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't brought in as "back up striker", it just turned out that was all he was good enough for.

Poor signing, simple as that, hopefully he will find some form somewhere else, its not his fault he wasn't suited to our game.

Well I don't think he was promised starts ahead of Aguero so he's effectively signing on to be second choice striker in a system ( as you stated ) not suited to him at all so he was never going to start any important games. If 130k a week is true which I find hard to believe then I can only rationalise it as a sweetener to a player who knows he's not getting a lot of game time but had to be persuaded some how or City's negotiators are idiots.

Why was Bony getting 130k a week? Was that seriously required to get him to sign? Is that the price for someone to accept being a back up striker.
But that's what you get when you buy these one season wonders we seem to buy. Benjani, and Crocky Santa Cruz were perfect examples of this. There is no doubt Bony will end up on loan and being let go on a free Swansea were our last hope of getting a fee for him.

But that's what you get when you buy these one season wonders we seem to buy. Benjani, and Crocky Santa Cruz were perfect examples of this. There is no doubt Bony will end up on loan and being let go on a free Swansea were our last hope of getting a fee for him.

I predicted earlier this summer that we wouldn't be able to sell (as opposed to loan out) a single one of Bony, Nasri or Mangala and so far that call looks none too shabby, particularly given that we got fuck all for Hart, which I naively thought we would!

I predicted earlier this summer that we wouldn't be able to sell (as opposed to loan out) a single one of Bony, Nasri or Mangala and so far that call looks none too shabby, particularly given that we got fuck all for Hart, which I naively thought we would!

I disagree with you on Mangala and Nasri both do have something to offer in terms of playing ability as opposed to Bony who has gone backwards. The problem with them is setting a fee and the wages that they are on. If I am being honest I'd just write Bony off now and give him a free and let him go to a championship or european outfit i.e. Belgium, Norway or Scotland. When you are struggling to make the bench at a struggling premiership side its time to lower your sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.