Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
EdinJacko said:
Say he was to sign on Thursday, would he be available for the Everton game? What date will he be meeting up with the Ivory Coast squad?

More than likely Bony will sign and join up with Kolo and Yaya and jet off to Abu Dhabi. He will not play against Everton.

Very underwhelmed by this potential signing.

A decent player for sure. But strategically this signing appears terrible. A lot of money, in January and looks panicky.

Alvaro Negredo or Bony? The beast every time for me.

Diego Costa was signed unopposed by Chelsea for 25 mill. He may have chosen London but did we miss a trick not even trying?

Seriously for 30 million we could do a hell of a lot better and for a "quick fix" there's plenty of cheaper options.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
St Ives blue said:
I don't see the point in signing Bony.
We need a striker now, not end of Jan when he's back from the African Nations. Apart from which I don't think he's good enough for our first team and not sure he'd be happy sitting on the bench.
I haven't read the rest of this thread, so maybe someone could enlighten me.

Enlightenment comes from within, you're basically in a very dark place

In other words, if you have to ask then there's no hope skippy!!!!!

Bit of a strange reply...

Looks like no one's planning to enlighten you, St. Ives. From the bits I've read, the main thoughts seem to be that he's a late replacement for Negredo, he's better than Dzeko (and will ultimately replace him), and that 25-30 million isn't too much for a proven Prem goalscorer.

FWIW my opinion is that despite quite a bit of success in Europe and the Prem with one striker (mostly when we haven't had two fit, in-form strikers), Pellegrini is still planning to play 4-4-2 more often than not, in which case getting a third striker makes sense (assuming he's realized what a lot of us have - that Jovetic isn't a striker).

Thanks for the enlightenment CaliforniaBlue!

Put like that, and if Bony is considered a long-term solution, then perhaps makes more sense. I just saw it that if we are going to spend big bucks on a striker we really could do with one for the Arsenal and Chelsea games. I'm still not convinced he's good enough, but I guess we will see. The one thing for sure is that I trust Manuel's judgement.

Ray78 said:
EdinJacko said:
Say he was to sign on Thursday, would he be available for the Everton game? What date will he be meeting up with the Ivory Coast squad?

More than likely Bony will sign and join up with Kolo and Yaya and jet off to Abu Dhabi. He will not play against Everton.
Would have been nice to see him in blue, especially with our current striker situation and aguero back the following week, ah well.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
St Ives blue said:
I don't see the point in signing Bony.
We need a striker now, not end of Jan when he's back from the African Nations. Apart from which I don't think he's good enough for our first team and not sure he'd be happy sitting on the bench.
I haven't read the rest of this thread, so maybe someone could enlighten me.

Enlightenment comes from within, you're basically in a very dark place

In other words, if you have to ask then there's no hope skippy!!!!!

Bit of a strange reply...

Looks like no one's planning to enlighten you, St. Ives. From the bits I've read, the main thoughts seem to be that he's a late replacement for Negredo, he's better than Dzeko (and will ultimately replace him), and that 25-30 million isn't too much for a proven Prem goalscorer.

FWIW my opinion is that despite quite a bit of success in Europe and the Prem with one striker (mostly when we haven't had two fit, in-form strikers), Pellegrini is still planning to play 4-4-2 more often than not, in which case getting a third striker makes sense (assuming he's realized what a lot of us have - that Jovetic isn't a striker).

Thanks for the enlightenment CaliforniaBlue!

Put like that, and if Bony is considered a long-term solution, then perhaps makes more sense. I just saw it that if we are going to spend big bucks on a striker we really could do with one for the Arsenal and Chelsea games. I'm still not convinced he's good enough, but I guess we will see. The one thing for sure is that I trust Manuel's judgement.

Bluster said:
Dzeko stepped up last season because of Negredo and as soon as Negredo was sold he went back to doing Fuck all before his injury.

That's not right. Dzeko got us over the line last season with his goals in the last few games.

Only got a proper chance in the team when Negredo lost form and that's how he got us over the line.

Good signing who I reckon will get double figures before the end of the season. We now have 3 strikers who all offer something different. The youth teams should be able to provide 1 or 2 back ups as well in the not too distant future.

According to Twitter, the Telegraph says the two clubs are "still some distance apart". SSN saying that there's not much separating the the two clubs. You pays your money....

uwe_returns said:
Very underwhelmed by this potential signing.

A decent player for sure. But strategically this signing appears terrible. A lot of money, in January and looks panicky.

Alvaro Negredo or Bony? The beast every time for me.

Diego Costa was signed unopposed by Chelsea for 25 mill. He may have chosen London but did we miss a trick not even trying?

Seriously for 30 million we could do a hell of a lot better and for a "quick fix" there's plenty of cheaper options.

tohiv-13.png

Bluster said:
Dzeko stepped up last season because of Negredo and as soon as Negredo was sold he went back to doing Fuck all before his injury.

That's not right. Dzeko got us over the line last season with his goals in the last few games.
True, but we have to move up another level now and for me Bony is a better option then Dzeko. If we do sign him I'd like to think that Edin would want to stay and contribute in a positive manner but in the past we all know about his sulks and low confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.