Will 3rd/4th make a difference

kcmcfc

I really hope we can snag 3rd over the next week but wanted to hear people's thoughts on what the difference between the two might mean for our transfer targets.

I understand this is entirely speculative....

I for one would feel much more confident in our ability to attract our targets if we had champs league group stages guaranteed. It is not looking like we'd get a Young Boys type pairing and while our squad should be strong enough to oust whoever is drawn against us there are no guarantees...especially so early in a new season.

How do you guys see it? Do you think we have targets that would surely come with 3rd but might be a bit hesitant with 4th?

Rather than play two CL qualifiers in September, treat tomorrow and Sunday as CL qualifiers. We HAVE to win both.

yes about £500 ,the cost of travelling home and away for a qualifier rathers save that for the superbia seasoncard lol, so 3rd for me thanks

To be honest, like I believe was quoted from one of our chief execs, "If players and agents can't see where this is all going I'm not going to waste my time with them", or words to that effect.

Anyone who can't see what this club is capable of now, 4th or 3rd, just shouldn't be here. It would be very nice as a guarantee, but our transfer targets should be coming here regardless.

Yes, it means less matches for us to play and if the rumor about Cesc Fabregas is true it would likely make him want to leave Arsenal more (though whether we should get him is another question entirely).

A higher position always looks good for the club anyway, I was hoping we would perhaps get to see some of these highly rated EDS players in the final two games but with the potential for third I doubt it. I wanted to find out why everyone was excited about Assulin :P

MC ID said:
I wanted to find out why everyone was excited about Assulin :P

He's still injured anyway from the horror tackle he got playing for the EDS. :/

Maybe Guidetti can sneak on to the bench if Balo is injured tomorrow but unlikely as Mancini still prefers to sit Jo on the bench.

LoveCity said:
MC ID said:
I wanted to find out why everyone was excited about Assulin :P

He's still injured anyway from the horror tackle he got playing for the EDS. :/

Maybe Guidetti can sneak on to the bench if Balo is injured tomorrow but unlikely as Mancini still prefers to sit Jo on the bench.

Injured? oh god damn it :(

I really wonder with next season where our young potentials will be able to get match time, I don't want them to throw them all into one match at once, that never works out but seeing one in with the regulars from time to time would be nice.

Edit: We need to give them all the chances we can considering it's worth it if their free for us. Also means they might impress someone outside of city with a big cheque book ;)

i think getting 3rd would be much better.

firstly,It looks better for the season.

the Qualifiers will not be a forgone conclusion and players who City are looking to sign might hold back joining till they do get into the CL groups making it a rush to get players when/if City do qualify.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.