Will forced landline rental become the new PPI mis-selling ?

What the hell can you get that only depreciates by around £6,000 over 4 years?

Come here Mr Level and give me a big forum hug.
Pleasantries over and now down to business..

There is no depreciation with pcp if you hand the metal back.
Try to think only in the mindset of rental.You merely rent the machine for an agreed term and then it's job done.
Dont think of it as an asset lad think only rental.Its the future !

A shiny machine for four pounds a day or circa 16 pence an hour.
Increduluous value if only you will open up of your hearts and embrace the deal on offer.
You can take a horse to water son but you cant make the bugger drink.

A very colourful post Mr Thru.

Pcp or leasing is the most popular way to secure new tin.
Walk into a dealership with £120 down and 48 monthly payments of a £120.
So pennies down and rent a brand new car for £30 a week ....like wow !

No repair bills tyres brakes etc just the call of the open road and the rush of wind in your face.
Yes you agree a mileage excess charge at the beggining but I would expect most people have an idea what that figure may be.
And its not exorbatant either with most charging 6p to 8 p extra a mile over the agreed distance.
Also the finance rates on pcp are piss cheap from 0% to 2.9 flat.
You can clear the deal at any time without penalty and get a rebate back so absolute flexibility of product.

At the end of the deal pay the balance owing or use it to px the next rental or just hand it back
If you have been tampering in the backseat and made a stain or two then it's not unreasonable to clean up before handing it back
Renting a brand new piece of tin for pennies a week is rather shrewd in my opinion.

So to recap ..
You rent a car on a flexible deal for £30 a week.
Adjust the above price to suit your ego
Hand it back at the end and go again.
This is why pcp is so incredibly popular ..

My car is bought outright because I am dumb : /

Far from it mate I think yours is the smart move - at least after 3 years you still have a car to drive around in AND if you wish you can stick with it and make no monthly rental payments - maybe be deeply unfashionable but sensible I think

Nah like all pieces of electrickery they break down and make you frown.
I own the car but rent my suite .. We went out for a brew and got tickled by csl : /

If the pcp renter hands back his car after 3 years they will just give him another.
It's like a hamster wheel. Best to ring a taxi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come here Mr Level and give me a big forum hug.
Pleasantries over and now down to business..
There is no depreciation with pcp if you hand the metal back.
Try to think only in the mindset of rental.You merely rent the machine for an agreed term and then it's job done.
Dont think of it as an asset lad think only rental.Its the future !
A shiny machine for four pounds a day or circa 16 pence an hour.
Increduluous value if only you will open up of your hearts and embrace the deal on offer.
You can take a horse to water son but you cant make the bugger drink.
The vehicle itself will depreciate; most used cars are available for around 30% of their initial retail price when 3-4 years old. The manufacturers aren't making such great margins that they can afford to discount at the levels where the ~£6,000 pcp costs cover that depreciation.

I think the words I am looking for are Illegal and Price Fixing.

And staff costs? That's a good one. I was unaware the petrol companies paid their staff to get to work ;-)

Seriously, I don't know where you heard that lame excuse, but it holds no water whatsoever does it. Furthermore,
  • How can it cost more to get bulk petrol to Sandbach services than it costs to get it to a petrol station in Aberystwyth? It cannot.
  • How can it cost more per litre of fuel sold, to run a busy forecourt shop than it does to run a sleepy hollow petrol station in the back of beyond? It cannot.
  • How can it cost more to sell petrol at a busy forecourt where all sorts of dry goods are being sold over the counter at exorbitant prices, compared to a sleepy hollow petrol station? It cannot.
The fact is, were this to be truly competitive, petrol at motorway services would be the cheapest in the country: The lowest distribution cost; the highest volumes; lowest overheads per litre sold and highest profits from dry goods.

Yet motorway petrol is extremely expensive, simply and entirely because illegal price fixing is going on.

I think it's due to the cost of set up and maintenance, a service station costs a fortune to build and they're responsible for everything including the slip roads, so the operator then charges a premium onto the tenants which is passed onto the customer. There obviously is some good old fashioned profiteering but I don't think there's as much as there first appears.

I think the words I am looking for are Illegal and Price Fixing.

And staff costs? That's a good one. I was unaware the petrol companies paid their staff to get to work ;-)

Seriously, I don't know where you heard that lame excuse, but it holds no water whatsoever does it. Furthermore,
  • How can it cost more to get bulk petrol to Sandbach services than it costs to get it to a petrol station in Aberystwyth? It cannot.
  • How can it cost more per litre of fuel sold, to run a busy forecourt shop than it does to run a sleepy hollow petrol station in the back of beyond? It cannot.
  • How can it cost more to sell petrol at a busy forecourt where all sorts of dry goods are being sold over the counter at exorbitant prices, compared to a sleepy hollow petrol station? It cannot.
The fact is, were this to be truly competitive, petrol at motorway services would be the cheapest in the country: The lowest distribution cost; the highest volumes; lowest overheads per litre sold and highest profits from dry goods.

Yet motorway petrol is extremely expensive, simply and entirely because illegal price fixing is going on.

Simple. The petrol and cafe operators are charged huge rents. Infinitely higher overheads than your garage or tea room in Aberystwyth. Someone is profiteering but it's most likely the property owners.

Simple. The petrol and cafe operators are charged huge rents. Infinitely higher overheads than your garage or tea room in Aberystwyth. Someone is profiteering but it's most likely the property owners.
Aren't they also franchises and have to be licenced from the Highways? So there are further costs there.
It's a captive audience as soon as drive onto the slip road. Same as in any stadium, festival etc.
I just stop to have a dump at the places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.