Will prices ever drop

All the pubs round my way are dead now. The prices went up twice in six months and it’s finished a number of regulars.

Pub near me does £2 a pint every day of the week til 3pm. Went in yesterday and it was dead
I had to laugh. I think once people get out of the habit of going then they’re never going back.

The bars in our little high street are busy. It’s just the pubs. One of the gaffers has two and looks broken. He says he’s tried everything.

I had to laugh. I think once people get out of the habit of going then they’re never going back.

The bars in our little high street are busy. It’s just the pubs. One of the gaffers has two and looks broken. He says he’s tried everything.
Fair to say the 'backstreet' boozers are struggling in every small town. I have one decent local left.

Hopefully in the future, the war in the Ukraine will end and inflation drop etc but will prices ever come down, we paid £6.10 for a pint in Manchester on Saturday!!! if people have been paying this no way pubs start dropping their prices, same with food in the supermarkets, the massive profits they are making, no way they suddenly drop prices by 100%, if they can get away with it now then I certainly don’t see them passing savings on to customers as it will almost be the norm. Unlike say petrol were there is a degree of been able to see prices going up and down with the markets, food and drink doesn’t seem to be the same.
When everything is back to an even keel and we love everybody including Rags 'n Dippers prices will dribble back over a ten year period by a few pence. The people infesting Westminster don't give a tuppeny fuck about high prices 'cos they don't have to make their salaries stretch to the month's end

When everything is back to an even keel and we love everybody including Rags 'n Dippers prices will dribble back over a ten year period by a few pence. The people infesting Westminster don't give a tuppeny fuck about high prices 'cos they don't have to make their salaries stretch to the month's end
And their mates or spouses own the businesses making the huge profits.

They won't come down again. News on the radio this morning reporting that price rises have slowed, in a manner that we should be happy with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.