Wills

You can get the off the shelf ones in WH Smith or similar and they're definitely better than not having anything. But unless your affairs are really simple i.e. you own basically nowt and it's going to children on an equal basis, it's not recommended.

Around this time of year, lots of solicitors offer them free, providing you leave a portion to charity, although possibly missed out on that for this year. Without that, think you're looking at a few hundred quid for a solicitor in an office to do it.

There's an online or telephone service I've heard recommended, but not used, called Farewill. Just looked and it's £160 for wills for a couple if done online. Not sure if it still works, but there's a 20% discount code 'MEANINGFUL20' from https://meaningfulmoney.tv/resources/wills-from-farewill/

Just been doing all this for my mam. Looked at free templates, downloadable ones for about £20 but decided its simpler and definitely legal to have it done at a solicitors. £150 for a simple will

I’m a former court clerk and would recommend an expert each and every time. It should be watertight because I’ve personal experience here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.