Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by balotelli's back pocket, 14 Aug 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Feather

Blue Feather

Felt fairly safe with Big Willy in nets (unlike someone else) and you feel he has a good chance of saving a pen

2. karen7

karen7

Same here but at least we know where we are with willy,it's bravo thats the unknown quantity still
    We might have other options although contract offers are usually fed to the papers it's the last bit that he's waiting to see who we buy thats probably guess work

3. Ric

Ric

Don't think this is true. Only Toure has been offered a new deal of the players out of contract.

4. domalino

domalino

Navas? Tosin? I thought those contract offers were virtually confirmed at this point.

5. shaiomarali

shaiomarali

Out on a limb here but I would like to have Willy as number 1. He has improved a lot since his first season. A few of his recent saves are world class which Hart sometimes pull off as well. As someone said earlier, and mentioned a few times before, when Willy is against a penalty there is the feeling that 60-70% chance he will save it, which are better odds than 50-50. He is yet to be beaten in a 1v1 this season if I recall right.

He knows the team he doesn't have to transition into a new culture. Willy For #1.

Edit: forgot to add, his near ball distributions and throws are bette as well, comparable to Bravo and even then Bravi hasn't shown much.

6. The Doctor

The Doctor

Ric are you seriously saying Toure has been offered a new contract? MEN don't appear aware!

7. Bozo

Bozo

Head Lecturer at the Clown College of Manchester
    Same, I think he's a superb keeper. Would be very sad to see him go.

8. Ric

Ric

Just what I was told mate. City have offered him a one year extension (on reduced wages), but he wants a two year deal. Anyway, this is probably not the thread for it!

9. twosips

twosips

+1

10. twosips

twosips

Ric wasn't talking about Tosin I think. He was talking about the seniors....and he's right as far as I've heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.