windows 8 and tcib's files?

Dj1979

Hey i got myself a new laptop yesterday i went on to the site and went through the normal processes but it will not let me take the file. My new laptop is a toshiba satellite p850 and was wondering if anybody knew is it a problem with windows 8 not being supported even though the file i installed said it was or is it a setting that needs changed on my computer. Any help would be apreciated

Your ftp client you installed may have certain settings that need changing?

Saying that if all you are doing is selecting to DL a file then I can't see that being the problem.

Will have.nothing to do with Windows or the new laptop though... unless some firewall/preinstalled security is blocking the files from dling

FileZilla is supported on Windows 8. I assume you're using FileZilla? If you are. Just copy across the sitemanager file from your old laptop and you have all your old settings back instantly.

The file should be in Users/[Your Name]/AppData/Roaming/FileZilla

If you cannot see the AppData folder it's because you need to make Hidden items viewable. To do that click on View in the folders windows and check the Hidden items box.

The file you're looking for is sitemanager.xml. Copy across this file to the same location on your new laptop and you're done.

Cheers lads not exactly sure what to do but with those step by step instructions I should be good

Yeah I think im going to need the idiots guide on this one if you could please. Really struggling, when I turned on the hidden in the properties part it then went users> public instead of user> my name and the appdata still was nowhere to be seen. I have the pm that tcib sent with the link so took it from there and still no luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.