Winning is a Habit..

dancity19

Capital One Cup maybe, but last season we made winning a habit.
In the last 4 games we have got 2 points out of a possible 12, effectively, and that is not a good habit to get into.

It's far too early to get too worried, but losing and poor performances can become a habit too, and last night was the worst performance under Mancini so far, and changing the defence 4 times in one game is a farce. Why he is changing the winning formula of last season seems to be beyond any of us. On paper I like the 3-5-2, but in reality we mustn't have the players to perform it as it simply isn't working and we are getting over run in midfield every game.

At half time yesterday the possession was 58% to Villa, and they made 6 changes to the side that was spanked by Southampton. That is not a stat we saw last year, in almost any game.

Don't know who we are missing, and it isn't that simple to point our problems towards the absence of one player. Almost no one is playing well, apart from Dzeko who has started v well, Tevez and Clichy who is fast becoming our most consistent player. Also, too early to say definitevly, but I think De Jong is quite clearly going to be a huge loss to us. No matter what anyone says about his lack of forward passes, he kept the ball for us and kept it ticking over.

I said on another thread; we drew last year to Stoke and Lpool, and it's always interesting to compare to the previous season to see how we are improving. So, we have done the same there (although it is annoying United and Arsenal both got a result at Lpool, but that's football), but to drop points in a game which we won last yr (Arsenal) was particularly disappointing. Fulham is a huge game now, for confidence. If we go there and win then that is better than last season, but if we lose that will be really disappointing, I think.

Like I said, too early to get worried, as we saw last season you can be 8 pts behind with 5 games left and still win the league.....but you don't want to be playing catch up from early on in the season. We need to find our feet and start performing. Hopefully a convincing performance against Fulham will get our confidence back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.