Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by idahoblues, 6 Feb 2018.

1. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

To be fair, you've just described pretty much every winter Olympic sport. The only problem is that you also need proper mountains and snow.

You forgot the key element. You also then need to find as many slight variations as possible to the sport, so that when you get good at something, you can win shitloads of medals with just a handful of athletes entering every event.

2. Henkeman

Henkeman

Sheer discrimination. Why shouldn't the Netherlands be allowed to host? No need for slo me replays on the downhill skiing either.

3. BigOscar

BigOscar

Shit, forgot about the importance of the identical events with tiny variations.

You'd think something like bobsleigh would be our main aim, looks expensive, no one has the facilities, doesn't appear to involve natural talent and there are a few varieties that look similar. Maybe spend a billion building a top of the line bobsleigh track in the center of London?

4. KS55

KS55

Quite enjoyed Scottish ladies winning curling gold
    Tap pic for full view.

5. Mozzer

Mozzer

It really pisses me off when these athletes keep telling us how hard they have worked for the last 4 years. In real life everybody works really hard without mummy and daddy funding their "job" of fannying about in the snow.

6. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

To be fair, the winner of the luge was a police woman.

7. bumbleblue

bumbleblue

Hope that Japanese kid that came a cropper on the half pipe is ok.

8. idahoblues

idahoblues

the real story behind most of these athletes is very different from that fella's view

9. nmc

nmc

Good to see the Beeb cuts biting - Olympic studio in Salford Quays lol.

10. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
    Im sure she’s been cryogenically frozen for 4 years. Didn’t look aged at all in her tv interview.