Women’s World Cup

mancity2012_eamo

Team supported
Us.
I’m watching Scotland v Ireland which apparently Ireland have to win to qualify with results having gone our way in other groups.

Does anyone understand what the criteria for qualification is? It seems very complicated.

Either way, it’s a tough watch.
The lack of quality, the lack of awareness, the mis-controlling of the ball, the bad decision making.
It really is hard to get excited about, yet I know it means so much to women’s football here.

You can’t fault the effort however.
Scotland look like the better footballers and had a penalty well saved but haven’t done much since, with their possession.
Ireland huffing and puffing and finding the long throw is our most effective tool in the box. We’ve had the better chances and Scotland have cleared it off the line a few times.

It’s a very frustrating watch however. Such a gulf in quality and pace compared to what we are looking at week in week out.

Well we’ve qualified for the first time, although I still don’t understand the various qualifications playoffs and secondary playoffs etc.

But I have to be honest. There was only one team playing anything approximating football and it wasn’t Ireland.
The Irish girls were dogged though and put their bodies on the line. They just wanted it more.

But the likes of England USA Sweden and the likes will tear them apart. The effort was tremendous but the standard was awful.

Infantino having a mard at no one wanting to pay the asking for TV rights claiming they can't give them the same prize money as the men's teams if they don't.

I'm sure they could find the money in one of their embezzlement accounts.
They shouldn't be aiming for parity anyway. They should pay them whatever is left from all incomes, after all expenses have been paid. I don't imagine the commercial value of the women's world cup is anywhere near the commercial value of the men's world cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.