Women's Football/Mark Sampson

But do you think she wasn't picked because of it? Over 100 caps and then suddenly not picked...

I don't know. My personal opinion is that it impacted her selection when Sampson was the coach and Aluko had an ongoing case with the FA, but it's perfectly reasonable for Neville to come in after and decide that Aluko isn't really that great anymore, and as I said, she's 32 years old now.

Last edited:
The case with Aluko ended her England career. I'll never forget how her teammates deserted her by publicly siding with the coach against her.
Surely her "teammates" must of believed Sampson version of the story too side with him, and to be fair they are the people that where there, ie on the training pitches at the time !

Aluko was paid £80,000 because she made a complaint that a comment was made of an inappropriate nature that she didn't directly hear herself, why didn't the money go to the said player (Their identity is still not confirmed) and why did the FA give Aluko this money and a years contract with England even though the understanding was that she would never play for England again whilst Sampson was in charge.
Both the FA and it seems Aluko have muddied the water and facts seem irrelevant when either pay offs or sweeping stuff under the carpet are concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.