Womens Super League. City v Liverpool 03/06 1530hrs

Oh well we really weren't at our best and it took one of the goals of the season to end our amazing unbeaten run. It's very close for the title, hopefully things go our way.

The game was won and lost in a 2 minute spell. First our goalkeeper seemed to forget it was a direct free kick and was surprised by a 35/40 yard pass back. It might have looked like a great free kick but I would expect Karen Bardsley would have caught it with ease and said thank you.

Then we went straight down the other end and great work by Jill Scott set up a simple chance for Toni Duggan which she fluffed. Toni scores great goals but not this easy one this time. C'est la vie

Another off day for the guys - nevertheless, they worked their socks off - easy to point the finger at individuals who could have changed the final outcome - it could have gone either way - but our luck ran out today, it was very close - will be looking to see how everyone, not just players, responds to this result - c'mon City - you're still the best!

Went to the game and, to be honest, the players really had an off day. I kept asking myself, is this the same team that played Last week. Arsenal played a "let's get at them" game every time City got the ball and City just lost the art of passing to fellow players. We were slow from the back and only really got on with it after Arsenal had scored. With two games to play we now need Chelsea to drop points (their goal difference is far better than ours). It may be too many games in a short period or maybe the manager did not do his job properly (team selection, substitutes and game plan). We are so used to the Women's team not losing so maybe we expected more. These things happen and hopefully the players will learn from today. Onwards and upwards.

Cushing should be questioned...

th

Could send for Moyes......

chris-moyles-birthday-1474475738-hero-wide-0.png

Ah well.

The result will mean the woman will be looking to tonk Sunderland Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.