Womens Super League. City v Liverpool 03/06 1530hrs

BBC were claiming we're not champions anymore as we now only hold the FA and Continental cups.

True?

no I believe we are WSL champs still while chelsea are inaurgural spring series champs, though the beeb seem to be liking to point out we lost out on another trophy

Our girls have the best venue,facilities ,overall set up. Unlucky to draw Lyon, who only won on a shoot out, so what praise you you expecting, we play in blue, sorry forgot all that. Hope or girls get all this they are hated as much as the mens team sadly.

Comes down to pundits very often. Ex Arsenal payers dominate women's football punditory in the way Liverpool dominate the men's.

Wow.

If true it goes to show how good Bronze is.

To get in that Lyon side you have to be special.

She is special, remember her rating at the last Women's World Cup. If the rules about salary caps isn't changed we could lose a number of our top players to Europe and not be able to attract the best from there.

She is special, remember her rating at the last Women's World Cup. If the rules about salary caps isn't changed we could lose a number of our top players to Europe and not be able to attract the best from there.

I agree about the salary cap.

I think we have to keep wages at 40% of turnover if I recall, most of which is helped by the inclusion of CFG sponsorship like Nissan.

If the FAWSL want the top English sides competeting against the likes of Lyon, Paris, Wolfsburg etc... and even managing to convince some of their players to join us, then they need to allow the league to become a free-market without restrictions.

I am pretty sure the likes City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool would happily spend more on their women's team if they could.

From what I have read Lyon's budget is €5m whereas ours is €3m (that could be rubbish though), however if true, for the sake of €2m - which for a womens team run by their male counterparts is nothing - we could compete on par with Lyon. We have the likes of Fernando probably on double if not treble that and he doesn't even play for us.

If you think about it, I reckon City could double that rumoured Lyon budget to €10m, see it as an investment into the women's game and still feel it as justified because €10m is barely anything for a club like City nowadays.I would not be surprised if our overall academy wage bill is more than that, including players and staff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.