Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think Arsenal was anything special and if we had a go at them like we did for the last 5mins (well from about 85th min) maybe we be coming away with something.
Yeah certainly not enough, we missed Walsh, but above all it caused players to be out of position, and Weir made the mistake that caused their goal, she's a far better player further forward, so we missed her attacking threat as well. Good get White on the pitch, but she looks miles off the pace at the moment (understandable).

Atletico midweek, and if we don't win it will be 4 games without a win, and a defeat and its 3 on the trot.

Seemed to play very within ourselves, Caroline looked way too deep to me though it was our current rivals away with Keira unfortunately suspended and we were already top of the table. First game for Matilde Fidalgo, sad about Mannion's ACL and that it wasn't the best debut. Still would like to see Bernardo's cousin given another chance. Great to have Megan back and probably best moment was seeing Ellen White come on, a shame we didn't really find her. Not sure if it was the tactics or we just didn't have it today, don't know all the ins and outs so might be unfair but I've thought for a while I wouldn't mind seeing a perhaps female but more importantly exciting attacking manager come in. Saying all that we're tied top of the tree and I still believe in the team!

*Damn tied 2nd in the league, at least just heard an honest assessment from Cushing

Last edited:
Yeah certainly not enough, we missed Walsh, but above all it caused players to be out of position, and Weir made the mistake that caused their goal, she's a far better player further forward, so we missed her attacking threat as well. Good get White on the pitch, but she looks miles off the pace at the moment (understandable).

Atletico midweek, and if we don't win it will be 4 games without a win, and a defeat and its 3 on the trot.
Yes Keira Walsh was a big miss today , but the squad as gone backwards, Parris was going to Lyon so why let Claire Emslie and Melissa Lawley go too . Think it would of made a difference today to have a winger running at them . For me the team/squad as been on a downward spiral the last couple of seasons since they won everything, players left with lesser players coming in for them. Also I don't get Nick Cushing favoritism ie Gemma Bonner was having a bit of a mare , yet pull the right back off and move Bonner to there as to get Megan Campbell on ! Why sign a right back if you are going to keep her on the bench and play a central defender there ?

BBC don't bother with 1st v 2nd as their opening match.

It's all about the Rags v Reading.

Did you know they beat us last week? Only been mentioned 4 times during the intro.

Thought we were poor. Arsenal were technically better than us and we made fundamental errors in and out of possession. The goal came from a missed control by Weir I think and it was a decent finish. We never really threatened. The squad looks nowhere near as good as it was and Lyon and Barca robbing our best players every year has caught up with us. This team won't win the League and will finish behind at least Arsenal and Chelsea and even worse United look better than us.

Did you know they beat us last week? Only been mentioned 4 times during the intro.
Noticed that last night , has I got in the Arsenal/City high lights where about too start , then Chelsea's win at West Ham was on next , so a win for the 4th placed team is more important then a clash of the top two or a match were the winner went top of the league !

Reactions: mat
probably best moment was seeing Ellen White come on, a shame we didn't really find her.

I enjoyed watching that too, but it was clear she is a long way from full fitness. there was one moment when she got the ball near the edge of the area and an arsenal defender just motored past her. It will come in time, and in a way its encouraging that even with a fairly depleted team and an unfit striker we were close to Arsenal.

In fairness the location of the rags stadium in Leigh means that it is a highlight for the town as opposed to the traffic lights changing or the horse and carts parading the high street.

Of course the BBC continue to favour the rags in whatever shape , form or gender .

The reigning champions versus the second placed team is obviously of fuck all interest to the neutrals or non-lemmings.

What do people think of Cushing? I follow the women's team and their results but not religiously so I don't really see how they play to judge.

Only saw highlights so not really informed on the game, I notice Steph making a few howlers lately. Did she loose possession again for the goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.