Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

1. Did you watch the game? If not, don't bother posting on the thread.
2. Read my post. I didn't say she was as good as Colin, just that her playing style is similar.
If they were playing in my back garden and you were paying me lots of money to watch it, I’d very happily decline. Women’s football is utter garbage. And this is a forum, where opposite views are allowed. You think it’s excellent to watch, fair dos, that’s your prerogative. But any mention of Colin Bell in relation to women’s football is misplaced, no matter how tangential. In my opinion.

If they were playing in my back garden and you were paying me lots of money to watch it, I’d very happily decline. Women’s football is utter garbage. And this is a forum, where opposite views are allowed. You think it’s excellent to watch, fair dos, that’s your prerogative. But any mention of Colin Bell in relation to women’s football is misplaced, no matter how tangential. In my opinion.
Jog on ffs and let the rest of us enjoy it in peace

You have admitted you don't watch it so you are being a pain for nothing
Karen, I’m really not. I’m putting forward an opinion about the women’s team. Lancsblue made an allusion between Colin Bell and one of the women players. I think that’s utter nonsense. LIke comparing a Ferrari with a Trabant. And I said so. I don’t have to watch them play to know this. Anyway, I’ll leave you to enjoy the women’s team. It ain’t for me.

Really good entertainment, some excellent football in the second half. Jill Scott wearing no.8 is very appropriate, there's quite a bit of Colin Bell in her playing style,the box to box athleticism and the ability to create and score goals.

She had a good game today. Cracking goal. We should have been 2 or 3 up after ten minutes. I thought we were gonna get turned over after we had spurned good chances early on. We scored on 40 so I went for a pie, and then missed their equaliser and the goal that restored our lead. The Arse put on a couple of subs straight away in the second half and it looked as though it would make a difference but then after 70mins for the next ten, everything we did clicked and it was 5-2 and the Arse were shell-shocked!

There really isn’t anything about Colin Bell in women’s football. None at all. And there never will be.

Colin Bell could run all day - so can Jill Scott. Colin certainly made the team tick. Jill Scott does the same for MCWFC. In the appropriate setting I think Colin would have loved to have scored the goal that Jill got today. CB won a fair number of headers in his time - Jill Scott rarely loses one! Plenty of parallels to their games.

Karen, I’m really not. I’m putting forward an opinion about the women’s team. Lancsblue made an allusion between Colin Bell and one of the women players. I think that’s utter nonsense. LIke comparing a Ferrari with a Trabant. And I said so. I don’t have to watch them play to know this. Anyway, I’ll leave you to enjoy the women’s team. It ain’t for me.

If you watch them you will be impressed. They get better and better and play to the philosophy of the club with great movement. Yes, they are not in the same level as PL City but they can be a joy to watch and one of the goals today with quick passing and skill would be goal of the month on Match of the Day if any men's team had scored it.

But if you don't watch, you don't see, and so you just presume.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.