Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

Great point away that puts us in charge of our own destiny.

Well played ladies.

Pretty end to end game. Resolute defending especially of those corners when temporarily down to 10. There was a great block by Beattie, nice twisting and tracking back Parris, really liked Emslie's low crosses. Stunning 1v1 save with her foot Ellie Roebuck, after having to step up like that definitely wotm. Cool performance from all to stay 2 points ahead top of the tree; just hoping for the best with Karen and Steph.

One thing stands out to me, is that the Pep style is now the blueprint, obviously the women are not anywhere near as good as the men at it, but neither is the best opposition in the game as good as in the mens game, but its good to see that Cushing is playing the same way, and that the women don't flap when it gets tight.

We did have about 10 minutes of the alamo, whilst Steph was off, and we were 10 players, and just after, but we weathered that, and then went hunting a breakaway goal with pace, but unfortunately just didn't have enough composure to get the winner.

Roebuck was very good, but I think she needs to be more confident with crosses, but an outstanding save with her foot.

I was a bit disappointed with Nadim, she looks a very clever player, but seemed to lose the plot after she didn't get a free kick, and started doing silly fouls instead of concentrating on her own game.

I thought Beattie was our best player though, but Roebuck and Walsh were close behind.

It was a good advert for the WSL, but they are far and away the best 2 teams, and the rest are quite a bit behind in reality.

That Lucy Ward co commentary was poor, biased, and lacking in understanding of the way City teams play, same narrative as BT Sport mens football.

One thing stands out to me, is that the Pep style is now the blueprint, obviously the women are not anywhere near as good as the men at it, but neither is the best opposition in the game as good as in the mens game, but its good to see that Cushing is playing the same way, and that the women don't flap when it gets tight.

We did have about 10 minutes of the alamo, whilst Steph was off, and we were 10 players, and just after, but we weathered that, and then went hunting a breakaway goal with pace, but unfortunately just didn't have enough composure to get the winner.

Roebuck was very good, but I think she needs to be more confident with crosses, but an outstanding save with her foot.

I was a bit disappointed with Nadim, she looks a very clever player, but seemed to lose the plot after she didn't get a free kick, and started doing silly fouls instead of concentrating on her own game.

I thought Beattie was our best player though, but Roebuck and Walsh were close behind.

It was a good advert for the WSL, but they are far and away the best 2 teams, and the rest are quite a bit behind in reality.

That Lucy Ward co commentary was poor, biased, and lacking in understanding of the way City teams play, same narrative as BT Sport mens football.

Made me laugh when she kept saying sometimes you just need to get rid of it. Well both the women's and men's team seem to be going pretty well the way we are playing.

Made me laugh when she kept saying sometimes you just need to get rid of it. Well both the women's and men's team seem to be going pretty well the way we are playing.
Exactly, I laughed when I heard it.

I think some of the pundits in the men's game are just about getting it now, it'll take a while yet in the women's game I guess, as its still a long way behind, but its great we are revolutionising both.

I would love to know how much Pep and Cushing talk tactics, but the way Pep is about football, I expects its more than we might imagine.

looking for some info on the match in progress at Brighton without any luck. Surprised the club is not covering it. Anyone found a feed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.