Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Have they changed the rules? I've not checked if I'm honest. Used to be a wage cap here and our best English players moved to Spain or Germany because they got paid more.

I just googled the highest paid women players mate, top ones are Chelsea and City and Arsenal.

I just googled the highest paid women players mate, top ones are Chelsea and City and Arsenal.

Thanks for the correction.

Hopefully we can get her to sign a new contract with us.

Have they changed the rules? I've not checked if I'm honest. Used to be a wage cap here and our best English players moved to Spain or Germany because they got paid more.
A quick google gave me this:

There is a ‘soft’ salary cap in the Women’s Super League (WSL) and Women’s Championship – 40% of turnover can be spent on wages – but that turnover includes the parent club, which is a significant advantage to Premier League-backed women’s sides.

I have a feeling she'll head to Spain to earn some proper money.
Do they pay the women a lot better in Spain than the WSL then? Genuinely didn’t realise that.

Well, I’ll be gutted when she does go.

Edit.
Just seen the posts above. Never mind those other names, but can’t believe she isn’t paid at least the equal of Greenwood, great as she is.
I would have those 2 as City’s best paid players, were I drawing up the contacts!

I just found this article. From what it says, it appears our Chloe earns the most money per year when you factor in "sponsorships and off the pitch income."

I know nothing, I'm the first to admit but would an English player receive as many or as good of quality endorsements and sponsorships in Spain or France as they would playing in the WSL?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Alex-Morgan-Womens-World-Cup-Highes-Paid.html

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.