Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Things are going well, so I'll say that the extension is a good thing. The club have shown faith in him during poorer periods, so it'd be daft not to trust him now that we're flying. No need to wait til the end of the season - we could win the league or get pipped by Chelsea, but we've definitely progressed either way.

Last edited:
Things are going well, so I'll say that the extension is a good thing. The club have shown faith in him during poorer periods, so it'd be daft not to trust him now that we're flying. No need to wait til the end of the season - we could win the league or get popped by Chelsea, but we've definitely progressed either way.
Hopefully, it’s our director of football that’s behind this upturn and we continue to improve.

With Hayes moving on, it could be our time for a while.

Not sure what he achieved so far for the Club to commit three years with him. We haven’t even reached the final of any cup yet, and the league is far from done. There are improvements, but there are also glaring mistakes in his tactics and in his insistence on specific names regardless of their poor performance on the pitch. He is still struggling because of his tactical naivety in games against weak teams, including the last one against Everton. A knee jerk decision, and I hope the Club won’t pay for it when they decide to finally sack him in a year or so.

Things are going well, so I'll say that the extension is a good thing. The club have shown faith in him during poorer periods, so it'd be daft not to trust him now that we're flying. No need to wait til the end of the season - we could win the league or get popped by Chelsea, but we've definitely progressed either way.
I agree, but for me the biggest part, is the turnover of players, we seem to have less ego's around the team now than 2 years ago.

I still think we are too slow, and we still don't take our chances enough, but as a team we look stronger.

I still can't really warm to the guy but fair do's for what he's done so far this season. The squad all seems to be pulling in the right direction and from reading between the lines that hasn't always been the case. It may have taken a drastic clearout to achieve but we're definitely heading in the right direction again.

I agree he has progressed and turned things around this season, but I don't think it warrants a three years extension. Hopefully not, but the year might end up in disappointment again, and we come back to this in May and think what was the reasoning behind it. As I said, I really really hope he proves me wrong, but I'm still not fully on board with him being here three more seasons

Last edited:
Not sure what he achieved so far for the Club to commit three years with him. We haven’t even reached the final of any cup yet, and the league is far from done. There are improvements, but there are also glaring mistakes in his tactics and in his insistence on specific names regardless of their poor performance on the pitch. He is still struggling because of his tactical naivety in games against weak teams, including the last one against Everton. A knee jerk decision, and I hope the Club won’t pay for it when they decide to finally sack him in a year or so.

We've disappointed under him before and extended his contract, so his bosses clearly have a belief in him. We're clearly better now than we were previously, so progress has been made. I know he hasn't had a lot of fans, I'm fairly flexible in my opinion of him but think he deserves some credit. You clearly aren't and don't, so I'd like to understand what you mean by a few points?

1. What are the "glaring mistakes in his tactics"?

2. Who are the "specific names" he is picking who are performing poorly?

3. What is naive about his tactics against weak teams and what should he be doing differently?

Progress is great. It's not always easy to win things. Last year fell apart because of a couple of poor games and a couple of games where big decisions went against us. We got shafted by the ref this year against Chelsea, if it wasn't for that we'd be clear at the top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.