Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Absolutely elated at this news. Really get the sense that the ship has been steadied at City the past 18 months and the atmosphere around the squad has massively improved. Think this really shows that we can convince genuinely world class players that we're going to be competing at the very top.
Same here, fully agreed :-)

My feeling is that some of those that left us were the issue, and not so much GT. They've played some great football this season, and deserve to be top currently, and they would be clear, had there not been one very dodgy referee early on in the season.

This is great news, on a day when other confirmed news was less good.

I think it was a bit of both tbh. The team was in a bit of a transition/slump post Cushing and it's quite widely known that players (including the current squad) don't find Taylor the best communicator or the best manager on an interpersonal level (if he's getting results then they don't necessarily have to like him, but it is what it is). With the team in decline and Taylor struggling to impose himself during that period, that will cause disquiet amongst the more influential players. And you can see Bronze is a big character. On top of that you had Stanway consistently being played out of position and just not enjoying her football so much. Beyond Taylor, the wider management of the club was also been criticised a lot around the time e.g. the academy appeared to be in decline, so I don't think the players had much confidence in things improving. Nielsen coming in has clearly changed everything.

As it's turned out, it's been better all round having had the players looking to the past move on and bringing in new faces who are looking forward. And seeing the likes of Hemp stick around clearly proves that the players believe we're building something.

Nils Nielsen has made the difference - planning is everything.

Great news - good that they are keeping the young core together, for example I am glad that Mary Fowler has been given a role ahead of the more experienced Kelly - I think maybe Chloe will want more game time and be the one who leaves.

Fowler looks good when she gets to play more centrally. Chloe checked out months ago. I wonder if she has a big move lined up. Good luck to her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.