Words that people have different meanings of

Are you a Yank?

Nope, born and raised in Salford.

Maybe it just links to my school days where we'd call it a school dinner and school pants rather than lunch and trousers. It's not that I don't use the words lunch and trousers, it's just that I'd always used dinner and pants as a synonym for those words.

However, after moving further south I noticed that those words have different meaning. I looked a right tit when I was I mentioned to some colleagues that I needed to buy some new work pants. They thought I was daft when I claimed that business pants were part of the uniform policy!

On here....
Loose instead of lose
Too instead of to (and vice versa)
Of instead of have
Defiantly instead of definitely
Viera instead of Vieira
Quinn instead of Tyler

And, for the OP's benefit, it's "breakfast, lunch and dinner" NOT "breakfast, dinner and tea". Tea is a hot drink favoured by chavs.

Dinner is not defined by time but as the main meal of your day.

no you have breakfast - cereal or bacon barm etc
then dinner - a butty or chip muffin etc

then later tea - a meal like pasta or egg beans and chips, curry n rice etc.

Supper late on if your still hungry.

ask yourself you don't have christmas lunch do you?

How did you know I didn't have Christmas lunch? that's made me feel uneasy, are you one of those spy hackers? :-)

No, because you don't have Christmas dinner at lunchtime. You have it at dinner time, sometime between 4 and 6. At least, that's when civilized folk have it. You'll always get the odd weirdo who has it at midday. But they're obviously not dealing from a full deck.

How did you know I didn't have Christmas lunch? that's made me feel uneasy, are you one of those spy hackers? :-)

yeah I'm hacked into your camera now, pit that sheep down
No, because you don't have Christmas dinner at lunchtime. You have it at dinner time, sometime between 4 and 6. At least, that's when civilized folk have it. You'll always get the odd weirdo who has it at midday. But they're obviously not dealing from a full deck.

You have christmas dinner before her maj has spoken to the nation then get rat arsed after

In the US fanny means bum, bum means tramp and tramp means whore. They use the word c*nt as an insult but never to a man, only to a woman. In the US it's the equivalent of whore or slag.[/QUOTE

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.