Work....who likes it.

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Drove into work this morning and was listening to the radio, they were talking about retirement. I've often thought about this and doing a few things with my time off but what happens when I've done that. I work 3-4 days a week, enjoy where it is, the clients, customers, staff and all the benefits and ' downsides ' of working for myself. I actually like it and feel I would be lost if not having a goal or aim, I have a low boredom threshold..... So....who likes work, who hates work, who does it because they feel they have to or want to. Anyone work after retirement, paid or unpaid, charity etc etc ??

Retired years ago.
Still not enough hours in the day to get in what I want to do.
Golf, Art courses, painting, reading, travel, writing travel articles, going to the theatre, concerts, opera, seeing the grand kids, etc., etc..
Don’t miss work in the slightest.

I am in a strange situation, I cant say i've ever really enjoyed working but cant say i hate it. I feel its just one of them things you need to do. But im now at a stage of my life where im earning good money and have very little financial worry. I could manage on half my salary and still be ok and regularly think about changing to something id enjoy more. But then I think that every year i keep at this would allow me to retire earlier or have a better standard of lifestyle.

Retired years ago.
Still not enough hours in the day to get in what I want to do.
Golf, Art courses, painting, reading, travel, writing travel articles, going to the theatre, concerts, opera, seeing the grand kids, etc., etc..
Don’t miss work in the slightest.
I think having a decent income or savings to help do the things you want to do helps greatly in retirement. I can’t imagine it being a great deal of fun on state pension alone.

I am fortunate in that I can work from the office or home and get out and about to see people, so not stuck doing the same thing every day.

When I do drive into the office I see the traffic on the other side (M6 south) and am glad I don’t have to do that everyday. It can be miles of traffic.

I don't particularly mind my job but I can't wait until I retire and i don't have to work.
Only 30 years to go if the government get their way.
My hope is to actually retire at 60 though. Just need a plan now to make that happen.

I had to be up at 5am
and walk to work earlier than normal to
get through the ice etc.started at 6am.

i fucking hate my job purely because of management,the bigger the **** and sick note you are in the NHS the better you are thought of, my mate became the mamager of late of my department and he promotes the biggest,most cuntish person .

I hate my job,and its effecting me seriously atm,working through covid was bad enough,but its now got worse,on a massive scale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.