World Club Cup 2021

cptaidan88

Italian media reporting that FIFA are going to replace the Confederations Cup with a new World Club Cup involving 24 clubs from across the World, 12 of which will be European (and I imagine the majority of the rest to be South American).

8 of the 12 European teams would be the winners of the Champions League and Europa League (or runners up if repeated winners) in the preceding 4 years, plus the next 4 highest ranked sides in the European rankings. We are currently ranked 8th and if it were to take place this summer we would be involved.

It was only a matter of time for FIFA to try and get involved in club football more as that's where the real money is. Would you as a supporter a) take it seriously, and b) travel to Qatar (or wherever) to watch City for something that could presumably take about a month in total.

Italian media reporting that FIFA are going to replace the Confederations Cup with a new World Club Cup involving 24 clubs from across the World, 12 of which will be European (and I imagine the majority of the rest to be South American).

8 of the 12 European teams would be the winners of the Champions League and Europa League (or runners up if repeated winners) in the preceding 4 years, plus the next 4 highest ranked sides in the European rankings. We are currently ranked 8th and if it were to take place this summer we would be involved.

It was only a matter of time for FIFA to try and get involved in club football more as that's where the real money is. Would you as a supporter a) take it seriously, and b) travel to Qatar (or wherever) to watch City for something that could presumably take about a month in total.
No.

Boycott it. That'll teach FIFA...

Money grabbing bastards are only doing it to line their own pockets so it is a big no from me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.