Worth a laugh - A truly delusional article on Nick Powell

It would be very foolish to completely right off Powell and even though he will not be a world beater he will be developed in a good midfielder.

Ray78 said:
It would be very foolish to completely right Powell and even though he will not be a world beater he will be developed in a good midfielder.

Ray, believe me this lad could really make it,of that I have no concerns.He made his debut as a 16 year old and the following season he was superb as a then 17 year old,and had a great return for the Alex,of something like 15 goals,not bad for a midfielder.
He can be up there with two other lads,who did very well,Aston and Rob Hulse to a lesser degree,even though he is still playing Football League nowadays.
Crewe as we all know,have developed some wonderful talent over the years and NP will be the next,even if we don`t like to admit it as Blues.
Its a case of "watch this space" over the next couple of years.

I do agree that it would be foolish to completely write off Powell at this stage, by the way. The fact is that he's 19 and still isn't completely out of the League 2 mindset he's been playing in for his entire career.

With Nastasic, we have a rare specimen - a 19-year-old that already had two years of top league experience under his belt - so basing the future of Powell on Nastasic's excellent progress wouldn't be wise.

United's excitement about Tom Cleverley isn't justified anymore. It will startle you to know that he's going to be 24 by the time the season starts. In a year's time he will no longer be a "young prospect that just needs time". Cleverley fills a gap and does his job well enough, but he'll never be world class in the way Scholes & Giggs once were.

MCFC BOB said:
I do agree that it would be foolish to completely write off Powell at this stage, by the way. The fact is that he's 19 and still isn't completely out of the League 2 mindset he's been playing in for his entire career.

With Nastasic, we have a rare specimen - a 19-year-old that already had two years of top league experience under his belt - so basing the future of Powell on Nastasic's excellent progress wouldn't be wise.

United's excitement about Tom Cleverley isn't justified anymore. It will startle you to know that he's going to be 24 by the time the season starts. In a year's time he will no longer be a "young prospect that just needs time". Cleverley fills a gap and does his job well enough, but he'll never be world class in the way Scholes & Giggs once were.

Spot on that young Bob.

oakiecokie said:
Ray78 said:
It would be very foolish to completely right Powell and even though he will not be a world beater he will be developed in a good midfielder.

Ray, believe me this lad could really make it,of that I have no concerns.He made his debut as a 16 year old and the following season he was superb as a then 17 year old,and had a great return for the Alex,of something like 15 goals,not bad for a midfielder.
He can be up there with two other lads,who did very well,Aston and Rob Hulse to a lesser degree,even though he is still playing Football League nowadays.
Crewe as we all know,have developed some wonderful talent over the years and NP will be the next,even if we don`t like to admit it as Blues.
Its a case of "watch this space" over the next couple of years.

He seems quite prospect Oakie and even though he is at the rags it would be interesting to see how he fairs. Still the English youth system needs an overhaul even though Crewe's track record is impressive.

If we had signed him his career would already have being 'killed' and it would have been another example of City single-handedly destroying all young English talent within the game, such as we did with Adam Johnson and are now doing with Rodwell and Sinclair.

MCFC BOB said:

It's equally foolish to claim he's going to be gods gift to the Prem. Which is why people are rightly ridiculing that article.

stony said:
MCFC BOB said:

It's equally foolish to claim he's going to be gods gift to the Prem. Which is why people are rightly ridiculing that article.
Bob needs to find a little more hate in his heart. Not too much, that's corrosive. Just the right amount.

Like we have :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.