Would this happen in any other Nation in the world - Pardew

mcfckb

A manager has a team in the bottom half of the third tier of thier respective league, is sacked.

4 months later he is appointed manager of a team that the season before won the 2nd tier of their respective league at a canter and sit 11th in the top tier!!

Surley this would not happen in any other league in world football??

Can't find an example right now (little busy atm) but I strongly suspect that it happens all over the place. Even moreso I suspect that chairmen employing their friends as managers is rife in other European countries.

it seems as unlikely and ridiculous as Qatar being given the world cup

strange things happen when large amounts of money are involved

All those who complain about foreign owners ruining English football just have to look at Mike Ashley. A complete fool.

mcfckb said:
A manager has a team in the bottom half of the third tier of thier respective league, is sacked.

4 months later he is appointed manager of a team that the season before won the 2nd tier of their respective league at a canter and sit 11th in the top tier!!

i am sure it has, but any thing goes at newcastle these days

Brian Laws last year was ridiculous got sacked by Sheffield Wednesday as they were rock bottom of Championship. Got appointed Burnley manager less than a month later who were mid table, that is the day Burnley got relegated for me I couldnt believe it.

Dont know which is bad though as at least Pardew has managed Premier League clubs and got to an FA Cup final, still bad appointment.

mcfckb said:

Not unknown for it to happen in other walks of life in UK. See how many deadbeat folk stroll from one disaster to another in the politico-financial world at ever-increasing salaries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.