Would you prefer to be s**t again?

in some ways i understand the aguero moment will never be beaten but look at it another way. in the next couple of years when lets just say sane scores the winner in the champions league final that must be as good if not better. and as for not recognising kinkladze i think with the timber he has put on and natural ageing a lot of blues would not recognize the bloke.

I started following the Prem from abroad in 2013, when NBC began its massive coverage of the league and began broadcasting every league match. I was instantly drawn to City for a number of reasons. Thrilling to watch, primarily, but also still a relatively unknown team in the US compared to Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal, which have somewhat established fan bases here. Over the past few years the club has become a bit of an obsession. I traveled to Manchester for the last game of the 14/15 season at the Etihad. My first trip across the Atlantic. It was a meaningless game but a glorious experience.

I read threads like this, in fact most threads on this forum, and can feel the deep resentment against supporters like myself. Don't know what to do about it. I don't pretend to have been a lifelong fan, or to have been there for the relegation scraps or even the title won by Aguero's goal. I guess you could say my attendance at the one game put a fellow blue out of a seat, but it was easy to purchase online from the club just a few weeks before the match. I guess you could also say that new fans are pushing up ticket prices, but that's just modern sport, I think. The amount I paid for my excellent seat at the Etihad was about 1/3 of what I would have to pay for an equivalent seat at a regular season NBA game.

I think as long as City is challenging for silverware and playing the likes of Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona in the ECL there are going to be more and more supporters like me who may have come late but who have grown to love and support the club. It saddens me that my interest and support makes some blues long for a time when the likes of me weren't around. Oh well. Whether you consider me a plastic or not, I still love the club and I still think Pep needs to remove his head from his nether regions.

I doubt anyone resents you or other new fans. I don't anyway.

City needs new fans.

It more how city at times look like they choose to aim schemes towards new fans more that is causing any issue I see.

If that opinion is right is a debate that is going on and will continue.

Next time you over contact us. We will show you old city.

Around 20000 ST holders from our last season at Maine Road were not holders or on the wait list.

This group are traditional fans,don't require selling to,are mainly MANCUNIANS and imho should be a key target group for the club.

Perhaps a conditional Welcome Home'price pack could be introduced.

can't think of one good reason to be back in 3rd tier and being shit
winning at wembley was relief rather than joy, all those years were just marking time and i never want to go back.
all teams in the top flight have problems we are debating to a lesser or greater extent than us, its modern football and not just a city thing

This thread is Bluemoon's version of The TV programme 'Grumpy Old Men'. No one wants us to be shit again, but people do long for a match day that no longer exists at elite level.
Taking off the blue tinted specs though, would anyone really want to go back to how it was, remembering that now the youthfulness that allowed you to put up with the shit elements then has long gone.
I'll have a moan like all us old farts do, but I will accept that things change and I'm not going to like all of them. When it gets too much I'll not go as often and will eventually stop. Maybe, if they want, the people who run the club might be able to do things to make me want to carry on for longer. That will be a business decision for them and lifestyle choice for me. But the main thing to keep me going is the fact that the football played now is better than I have ever seen. So the short answer to this thread's question is 'NO'.
Nostalgia - it ain't like it used to be ;-)

I doubt the Sheikh has any meaningful input into the running of the club so I'd agree on that basis.

Don't kid yourself Guru.

If someone burps at the Etihad one of his team here will want to know was the burp :
1) On,above or below budget
2) Will the burp have a positive or negative effect on cash flow,revenue,gross & nett margin,growth forecast & HR image
3). If the burp has a recent history of under budget performance and t will be demoted to the fart department.
4) if farts performance doesn't improve after revised benchmarking,fart will leave by the back passage.

HHSM is briefed on everything.

He even knows you're a bit of a twot.

We have gone from back street boozer to swanky wine bar. Wine bar clientelle are good at pretending their having a good time.

I was thinking more about the post-Swales days and I agree that Franny inherited a mess that was beyond him to sort out but he did put some of the foundations of what came next in place. But thinking back to the 1970's when I started going home & away regularly, it was accepted that you could finish runners-up one season and 13th or 14th the next. That would be an utter and complete failure these days.
1970s ??
JCL !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.