Would you prefer to be s**t again?

When we were shit ( the team) being a blue ( brilliant) now we're good(the team) being a blue ( fucking brilliant) NO !

I do agree. I've said before that I feel that Franny has been judged harshly by some. Swales had completely gutted the club and his ego couldn't accept he was well out of his depth. But I also suspect Franny completely underestimated the scale of the task and, like some modern US owners, thought he could chuck in a few quid and reap the rewards by floating the club. But there was too much to do and he didn't have enough money to do it.

But the people owning and running the club, even Sheikh Mansour & Khaldoon, should never be above warranted criticism.
Good comments, but Sheikh Mansour does not deserve any criticism. He's handed hundreds of millions for players to his senior managers. If I was him I'd be saying to the City high command "Tell me about the players you've invested my money in".

Good comments, but Sheikh Mansour does not deserve any criticism. He's handed hundreds of millions for players to his senior managers. If I was him I'd be saying to the City high command "Tell me about the players you've invested my money in".
I doubt the Sheikh has any meaningful input into the running of the club so I'd agree on that basis.

Our promotion season's were exciting, but then we hit a brick wall under Keegan/Pearce and became an average mid table side, we knew we were never good enough to win anything and beating United was the highlight of our season by a long way, even if they went on to win the league and we finished 14th. We were literally going nowhere. We were at the level that the likes of West Brom, Stoke and West Ham are at now. The Pearce era especially was dire and I don't understand why anyone would want to go back to that. None of us enjoyed those days at the time so why do we miss them now?

However things may seem at the moment nobody can deny there is a legitimate chance we could be Champions League winners in the next 2 to 3 years and we could have a team full of some of the very best players in Europe. And people are pining for the days of Joey Barton being our best player every year? Wow.

To answer the original question- No, I wouldn't rather us to be s**t again.

But whether we are or not does not alter my love for city in any way

From when we were shit, I miss things like when the sing song in the pub pre match was the highlight of the (away) day.

As others have said, enduring relegation seasons are horrible - so no, I wouldn't like us to be shit again.

But, I do agree with certain posters who state that 93.20 has changed everything, probably forever.

I will happily be corrected, but nothing will beat that moment - the elation, the relief, the outpouring of years of hurt, all rolled into one single moment that day.
I know for me personally, I don't view football quite the same after seeing the single best moment I could possibly see - pipping that lot to the title, in fergie time, on goal difference, potentially with the goals we scored at the swamp in the 6-1, and with virtually the last kick of the entire season........it's certainly the pinnacle of my 47 years on this planet (my wife and kids know their place - and my kids agree with the Aguerrrrooooooooooo moment too!!)

Managed to listen to 10 seconds. What a fucking prick. Spoilt attention seeking 'I'm the biggest blue' fucking ****. Good riddance you utter cretin!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.