Xavi v Iniesta

kp789

Who is better? I appreciate they are slightly different players, but who would you say is better?

I tend to err and would have to say it is Iniesta. But is this because he is the more attacking out of the two and we prefer to see that.

Together they are devestating though.

Difficult to say both are crucial in how Spain and Barcelona play.

Very different players that I'd find difficult to compare.

Iniesta is the more advanced, penetrative of the 2. Arguably the best big game performer of his generation, seems to come up with some magic whenever it's needed for both club and country.

In terms of dictating the flow of a game, Xavi might be the best player of all time. Absolutely everything runs through him. Hardest player to dispossess I think I've ever seen. I actually feel like he's under-appreciated because of the other players of his time, any other era and he'd be put up there with Zidane I reckon.

If you were to try to replace one of them in your team I think it'd be a lot more difficult to replace Xavi. So I'll give him the edge.

conormcfc said:
Very different players that I'd find difficult to compare.

Iniesta is the more advanced, penetrative of the 2. Arguably the best big game performer of his generation, seems to come up with some magic whenever it's needed for both club and country.

In terms of dictating the flow of a game, Xavi might be the best player of all time. Absolutely everything runs through him. Hardest player to dispossess I think I've ever seen. I actually feel like he's under-appreciated because of the other players of his time, any other era and he'd be put up there with Zidane I reckon.

If you were to try to replace one of them in your team I think it'd be a lot more difficult to replace Xavi. So I'll give him the edge.
This can probably be said about many players in the Barca and Spain team just because of some of the players around them.

I have to go with Iniesta. One of my favourite players to watch in the world, superb when he's on song. I like Xavi as well though.

The best player in the world tag always seems to boil down to Messi Vs. Ronaldo arguments but these two surely come close.

Xavi as much as I dislike him, he is an unbelievable player. If I could take out any player for Spain or Barcelona it would be him. Xavi is one of the best ever at controlling a game. He is the key that gives Spain 60%+ possession. Iniesta is quality. When I first saw him making appearances as a sub during Rjikaard's reign I thought he would go onto become one of the best players in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.