Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok sorry, i only saw the one post. But yes, i don't see why he wouldn't be getting some opportunities. It just really depends on where his development is, he's not played much first team football AFAIK so i'm sure Pep will look to slowly integrate him into the cup games (depending on how many we actually have this season!).

Cancelo has had to become the left back, but he 100% wasn't bought for that position.

What basic elements of the game does Garcia lack? Reads the game well, decision making is spot on for a young kid, plays the ball and is confident in possession. Maybe he lacks some physical attributes that people think are mandatory for the Premier League, but i think he did pretty well last season when called upon and would surely grow. I understand the comparison you're making in age and attributes but one player is far ahead of the other in development. But yeah, its very possible Couto could go down the same path and be in the 11 at some, especially considering Walker is in his 30s now and Cancelo didn't make the RB spot his own.

I have only seen outstanding examples of Garcia failing to read the game & being in the wrong position, as opposed to being better at it than any other young player I've seen.

His reading & positioning for Lyon's 2nd, for example, would be more Michel Vonk than Hiero.

He has less basic defensive ability, than most of his rivals for the position, such as Taylor H Bellis or Tosin, or young cbs we have seen at rival clubs, such as Christiensen at Chelsea who was twice the defender at the same age & still isn't especially good now.

If he can learn how to defend & how to head the ball I have no problem with him being at City for 20 years, he's a good footballer, on the ball.

But I think the only reason he's been fast tracked, is because of his Barca history & Puyol being his agent, & now Pep has set a precedent, of playing an untested young player in the first team, all other kids, including Couto, deserve the same opportunity based on merit.

So I expect to see plenty of them given minutes next season.

I have only seen outstanding examples of Garcia failing to read the game & being in the wrong position, as opposed to being better at it than any other young player I've seen.

His reading & positioning for Lyon's 2nd, for example, would be more Michel Vonk than Hiero.

He has less basic defensive ability, than most of his rivals for the position, such as Taylor H Bellis or Tosin, or young cbs we have seen at rival clubs, such as Christiensen at Chelsea who was twice the defender at the same age & still isn't especially good now.

If he can learn how to defend & how to head the ball I have no problem with him being at City for 20 years, he's a good footballer, on the ball.

But I think the only reason he's been fast tracked, is because of his Barca history & Puyol being his agent, & now Pep has set a precedent, of playing an untested young player in the first team, all other kids, including Couto, deserve the same opportunity based on merit.

Not sure you can say who is better out of Tosin Garcia and Christiensen there at different ages different teams. How much have you seen of them all ? City must think of the two at City Garcia is better

Has someone hacked your account or did you just say something positive about Garcia?? ;)

" But I think the only reason he's been fast tracked, is because of his Barca history & Puyol being his agent", Seriously how long is this tired cliche of favouritism towards Spanish youngsters going to continue to be flippantly tossed out by posters here. We are not the village pub team favouring the sponsor's kids, we are one of Europe's top clubs with a top coaching team and that should ensure selection is based on merit, even if fans don't see it like that. Both City and Barcelona want to get Garcia under contract because they see his potential as a top player.

" But I think the only reason he's been fast tracked, is because of his Barca history & Puyol being his agent", Seriously how long is this tired cliche of favouritism towards Spanish youngsters going to continue to be flippantly tossed out by posters here. We are not the village pub team favouring the sponsor's kids, we are one of Europe's top clubs with a top coaching team and that should ensure selection is based on merit, even if fans don't see it like that. Both City and Barcelona want to get Garcia under contract because they see his potential as a top player.

Nah, it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.