Yaya dropping into back three

In my mind we played a modified back three on Wednesday and its been similar in the last couple of games. Yaya sits deep creating a back three with the fullbacks tucking into the wide midfield positions. With that in mind why don't we try to fit Fern and Delph into the fullback/wider midfield roles? seems to make sense to me. Fernandinho did this in February last year and performed really well. Thoughts?

How about we just stick him in the nets? like when Pep says he would have 11 midfielders out there if he could start with Yaya between the sticks

Everyone needs to put a formation on it, but there is no need because its fluid, I think its close now to what Pep is aiming for, and with better players, its going to be devastating. The three front players were drifting all across the front, the two behind them were fluid, both centrally, and wide on both sides. Yaya behind them, got forward through the middle, but also defended between the CB's at times, at one point even making a tackle at RB. The FB's played further forward than conventional FB's, but also came into the middle, as well as attacking wide.

Switches from 4 to 3.
Have the ball, Yaya sits in a deeper central role, like a centre back, full backs advance to midfield/wing area.
Don't have the ball, full backs sit back, Yaya looking to get the ball / protect the centre backs.
Dippers played similar style using Souness back in the day.
Play a second defensive-support centre mid like Fern or Delph when expect to have less of the ball against decent team, but attack-minded Sane, Sterling, Silva, KDB midfield against lesser team.

Glad you got what I was saying, that's exactly my thoughts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.