Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too right he deserves a send off, scored some of the most important goals in our history, semi v rags, final v stoke, 2 v Newcastle away etc, him, silva and aguero kick started what we're seeing now, can't put all the blame on him for his gobshite agent

He deserves a similar send off to Zabaleta, and the Brighton game would be the obvious choice. One of our all-time greats.
Spot on!

At this best he's the best player i've ever seen play for City i reckon. That might well be over a shorter period of time than David Silva or Colin Bell played at their best but his impact on games from 2011-2014 was as big as most players have over a full career.

Legend!

Too right he deserves a send off, scored some of the most important goals in our history, semi v rags, final v stoke, 2 v Newcastle away etc, him, silva and aguero kick started what we're seeing now, can't put all the blame on him for his gobshite agent
What he's done for this club makes the other negative stuff forgettable.

A big game player who will always be remembered for those important goals. Whether its down to age,injuries or just his attitude its been disappointing that he hasn't been able to apply himself more to be apart of this season. His cameo's have been a little underwhelming and gives the impression he's given up on football. With all that being said he may have been a huge influence on the players behind the scenes and arguably helped us to have such a successful season.

Not my favourite but undeniably a big part of our recent history, and which of us hasn’t acted the twat at some time?

Yup, let’s acknowledege the good times and give Yaya a memorable send-off.

Yup we do know each other's stance and I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I literally just posted this in another thread:

" Unfortunately, I don't know where you can get access to extended assist stats without being an Opta user. I have got a copy of an article about the season Chelsea last won league under Maureen (14/15?) which was all about the limitations of the flat assists figure. In that particular season, Hazard was way out front on extended assists (last five touches before a goal). Yaya was actually second (despite the world and DD saying he did little that season) and Merlin was fourth."

:)

Even though Spanish Dave is the greatest player ever to wear the shirt IMO, there’s no denying who was the most eye catching. Someone stuck a 5 minute compilation video of Ya Ya on Facebook last week, and it verged on the orgasmic, a cavalcade of wonderstrikes, rampaging runs, incredible dribbles that should not have been possible for a man of his size, blistering pace and flattened opponents. A pity that, via his agent, he didn’t have the gumption to keep his word hole shut on occasion, but there’s no doubting what an advantage he was at his peak. One of the, if not the most, unique players I’ve ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.