Yaya Toure apologises

Knowing Seluk is Yaya's soulmate, no chance of an apology imo. Only thing at stake is Yaya's legacy, which I dont think he cares about too much. From what I heard, Pep told him clearly in Pre-season that he would be surplus & play only if he could compete for a place by improving his effort. Yaya was too happy to collect his paycheck after he changed his mind about moving this summer. Wonder why? Maybe he could not get competing wages elsewhere in Europe?

In any case, what will worry more is if Seluk spits more bile & City are unable to terminate Yaya's contract early, as it could be legally more trouble/reputation-hit for the club?

It isn't a hard call to make seen as Ya Ya is nearly 34 and we all know although he could pick a pass and hit a screamer into the top corner now and then his legs were rapidly going. It is a great shame because he has been an absolute colossus for this club but we saw where letting the tail wag the dog for the last couple of seasons got us. This along with the Hart and Nasri situation has sent out a huge message to the football world and players. This club is going straight to the top, you want to be part of it you work hard and toe the line. Rock the boat and you are gone, no matter who you are. A long time coming, now for the shitehouse journalists!!

This also send a message to other agents about taking the piss publicly...Spot on Pep, I await the apology with baited breath!

Knowing Seluk is Yaya's soulmate, no chance of an apology imo. Only thing at stake is Yaya's legacy, which I dont think he cares about too much. From what I heard, Pep told him clearly in Pre-season that he would be surplus & play only if he could compete for a place by improving his effort. Yaya was too happy to collect his paycheck after he changed his mind about moving this summer. Wonder why? Maybe he could not get competing wages elsewhere in Europe?

In any case, what will worry more is if Seluk spits more bile & City are unable to terminate Yaya's contract early, as it could be legally more trouble/reputation-hit for the club?
Nope. We've taken a clear and reasonable stance on the matter, if Seluk starts throwing hissy fits now it will only hurt his and Yaya's reputations and increase the clubs standing by fully justifying our stance.

I love Yaya and he will always be a City legend to me, but support Guardiola 100% in this. I like the way he has played it - putting all the blame on Seluk (which we should have done over the birthday cake incident).

Talk about sending out a message of who's in charge... More and more impressed by the week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.