Yaya Toure apologises

Very good article, clear, concise and not obscured by anything.

The Yaya situation was predictable and expected when we signed Pep. The fact that he is older and the way Guardiola's wants the team to play always meant that at this stage, it will be always be difficult for Yaya to get involved in this team, regardless of his talent. His omission from the champions league squad, for me at least, signified that he was not part of the manager's plans going forward but I thought (or hoped) that there will be opportunities over the course of the season for him to contribute.

The press conference from Guardiola yesterday and him rightfully calling out the agent now signifies that Yaya Toure will not play for us again, things may change but it is highly unlikely now and so the timing of your article was spot on. It is a big moment but there will be a lot to talk about when he finally leaves... a lot of issues concerning Yaya Toure, who I see as one of the ground breaking footballers in recent times. But we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Toure and his agent go back a long way and in many ways I can understand his loyalty because of how Seluk helped him get to the very top from where he started. But whatever grievances he may have, justifiable or not, the behaviour of the agent has been corrosive, unacceptable and detrimental not only to Yaya but also to the bottom line, which is the image of the club and Yaya has to take responsibility for that. Seluk is his agent and there have been ample opportunities for Yaya to put an end to this ''Seluk and the media '' debacle. So the comment from Guardiola is more of a signal of intent rather than a call for an apology and it definitely signals an end of an era.And also a change in the attitude of future agents and even players towards the club. It draws a line. but hopefully it won't be a source of distraction this season.

In terms of Yaya's legacy, as I said, there is a lot to talk about, and it is all about being able to look back retrospectively. People 10 years - 20 years from now being able to look back.. and what will they remember? Football prevails over all and his impact on the football pitch (and also out of the football pitch e.g charity work and so on) and the way he vandalized flawed perceptions and stereotypes of footballers in terms of their roles in the football pitch and capacities will not be erased or denied and that ultimately is what his legacy will be based upon when the dust settles.

Good post mate. Agree that this won't, or at least shouldn't, damage his legacy.

Very good article, clear, concise and not obscured by anything.

The Yaya situation was predictable and expected when we signed Pep. The fact that he is older and the way Guardiola's wants the team to play always meant that at this stage, it will be always be difficult for Yaya to get involved in this team, regardless of his talent. His omission from the champions league squad, for me at least, signified that he was not part of the manager's plans going forward but I thought (or hoped) that there will be opportunities over the course of the season for him to contribute.

The press conference from Guardiola yesterday and him rightfully calling out the agent now signifies that Yaya Toure will not play for us again, things may change but it is highly unlikely now and so the timing of your article was spot on. It is a big moment but there will be a lot to talk about when he finally leaves... a lot of issues concerning Yaya Toure, who I see as one of the ground breaking footballers in recent times. But we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Toure and his agent go back a long way and in many ways I can understand his loyalty because of how Seluk helped him get to the very top from where he started. But whatever grievances he may have, justifiable or not, the behaviour of the agent has been corrosive, unacceptable and detrimental not only to Yaya but also to the bottom line, which is the image of the club and Yaya has to take responsibility for that. Seluk is his agent and there have been ample opportunities for Yaya to put an end to this ''Seluk and the media '' debacle. So the comment from Guardiola is more of a signal of intent rather than a call for an apology and it definitely signals an end of an era.And also a change in the attitude of future agents and even players towards the club. It draws a line. but hopefully it won't be a source of distraction this season.

In terms of Yaya's legacy, as I said, there is a lot to talk about, and it is all about being able to look back retrospectively. People 10 years - 20 years from now being able to look back.. and what will they remember? Football prevails over all and his impact on the football pitch (and also out of the football pitch e.g charity work and so on) and the way he vandalized flawed perceptions and stereotypes of footballers in terms of their roles in the football pitch and capacities will not be erased or denied and that ultimately is what his legacy will be based upon when the dust settles.
Good post blue.

his agent has just cost him his career at the top level .

That had already gone. He wasn't going to play much for us anyway, so not much really lost for him. He'll either stay and pick up his bonuses, or go to China and earn an equal amount.

A great player for us and will always be remembered (by the intelligent amongst us) for all that he contributed to our success.

Time to part ways though and I wish him all the best for the future.

Won't be received well here, but the way Yaya situation has being handled is poor and does not paint the club or manager in good light. Saying a player has to apologize for the actions of another individual makes no sense. If true, telling Yaya this through the media is 100x worse. If he really wanted the apology, he should have had done through private channels. Going public was basically nuclear option, and he surely knows a apology is not coming now.

It seems Yaya was not in the plans of this manager. He doesn't have justify or provide reasons as to why Yaya is not in the side as team has perfect record. All he had to say is Yaya has been professional, but I can't make changes to the team, and I hope he will get a chance to contribute.

Won't be received well here, but the way Yaya situation has being handled is poor and does not paint the club or manager in good light. Saying a player has to apologize for the actions of another individual makes no sense.
Piss off Dmitri, you were the one asked to apologise.

Da Boss has just reasserted HE is Da Boss, as if he needed to!

Talk to Txiki, talk to your teammates, then talk to me. Simple, because he doesn't give a fuck!

On ESPN FC, they said it was a good job Aguero's agent hadn't done it, because then Guardiola would have had to STFU...I don't think so!

City are now where Mansour wanted to be when the he bought the club in 2008. Under Khaldoon's oversight, the club now has the management, stadium, sponsorship, Academy, and now the Manager they wanted when this journey started. Given that, NO-ONE is bigger than the club now, and we will not be bent over to buy the likes of Pogba or anyone else, either.

Won't be received well here, but the way Yaya situation has being handled is poor and does not paint the club or manager in good light. Saying a player has to apologize for the actions of another individual makes no sense. If true, telling Yaya this through the media is 100x worse. If he really wanted the apology, he should have had done through private channels. Going public was basically nuclear option, and he surely knows a apology is not coming now.

It seems Yaya was not in the plans of this manager. He doesn't have justify or provide reasons as to why Yaya is not in the side as team has perfect record. All he had to say is Yaya has been professional, but I can't make changes to the team, and I hope he will get a chance to contribute.
It won't be received well because it's pure, unadulterated bollocks what you've just wrote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.