Yaya

He should be ashamed of himself! Nothing more to say about the guy today and I love him and what he's brought to this club so it is a shame I have to say it. But it's not the first time he's acted like a petulant wanker.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
smithy167 said:
As a member of a midfield duo his primary role is to dispossess the opposition and control possession. If we had someone else helping us control possession in the centre, a la Milner, then his flaws in the above areas would not be so damaging to the team. He is a fantastic player, but he is not fulfilling the role he is being asked to play. If we want to play with two In the middle then we need two players with the work rate and urgency of Ferna.
He does control possession tho that's why we play so well his passing is second to none.

I agree that his passing is second to none. I love the guy, he is a fantastic player. The point I am making is that if we are going to insist on playing two in the middle, we need two players who harry, close down, and are relentless in their efforts to counteract the fact that the opposition are playing with an extra man than we are. This is not Yaya's game, and it is a mistake imo to ask him to try and play it. It is why we get found out against the best sides. It's not his fault though.
I get what you`re saying mate but we play and are a better team with him in it.

smithy167 said:
smithy167 said:
He does control possession tho that's why we play so well his passing is second to none.

I agree that his passing is second to none. I love the guy, he is a fantastic player. The point I am making is that if we are going to insist on playing two in the middle, we need two players who harry, close down, and are relentless in their efforts to counteract the fact that the opposition are playing with an extra man than we are. This is not Yaya's game, and it is a mistake imo to ask him to try and play it. It is why we get found out against the best sides. It's not his fault though.

I wasn't saying drop him, not a chance. Drop Navas or Nasri, and slip Milner in alongside Ferna and Yaya to share the defensive workload. This would lift some of the burden of the other two and allow them to express themselves offensively without leaving us open to counter attacks.

smithy167 said:

I wasn't saying drop him, not a chance. Drop Navas or Nasri, and slip Milner in alongside Ferna and Yaya to share the defensive workload. This would lift some of the burden of the other two and allow them to express themselves offensively without leaving us open to counter attacks.
Away from home agree 100%.

rastus said:
big girls blouse

Today,that sums him up nicely.<br /><br />-- 05 Apr 2014 17:41 --<br /><br />
smithy167 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Both the dive and his behaviour towards colleagues were a disgrace.

He needs to stop being so precious and acting like a baby,as a man of his standing and ability he shouldn't need to be told.

Like last week,and regardless of the above incidents,he was very average today.

Needs to be better.
In what way does he need to be better?

Obviously his conduct.

Do you not think his influence and contribution has also dropped off this past couple of games?

FantasyIreland said:
rastus said:
big girls blouse

Today,that sums him up nicely.

-- 05 Apr 2014 17:41 --

smithy167 said:
FantasyIreland said:

He needs to stop being so precious and acting like a baby,as a man of his standing and ability he shouldn't need to be told.

Haha....;) wait till next week

Needs to be better.

Obviously his conduct.

Do you not think his influence and contribution has also dropped off this past couple of games?

eh what happened there?

smithy167 said:
smithy167 said:

And against decent sides. The first half today was a joke, the way surrendered possession. If we hadn't have got that no goal, then God knows what would have happened. We were being dominated at that stage, albeit without them creating much.

FantasyIreland said:
rastus said:
big girls blouse

Today,that sums him up nicely.

-- 05 Apr 2014 17:41 --

smithy167 said:
FantasyIreland said:

Needs to be better.

Obviously his conduct.

Not imo but that's my opinion, he has set high standards for himself but he does show in the big games, and its a big un next week.

rastus said:
FantasyIreland said:

Needs to be better.
ya big girls blouse

this deffo has substance, i mean a big old dude falling over like daffodil.

still, the ref was soft as shite, and 2 penalty calls for one yellow card is a bit of a result really.

smithy167 said:

And against decent sides. The first half today was a joke, the way surrendered possession. If we hadn't have got that no goal, then God knows what would have happened. We were being dominated at that stage, albeit without them creating much.
I think the early goal relaxed the team, Southampton played the best iv seen a team play at our place this season, they had nothing to lose. Good team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.