Yet More Tensions in the States...

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
I'll be honest with you, I don't know if this has already been mentioned as I'm not on this site as much as I used to be, with work and all that, but this video shows the 'arrest' of Sandra Bland, who ends up dead in a police cell not long after.

I'm not saying it's racial, but it's all kinds of fooked up with what goes on...

And whilst, seemingly, not racial, it's causing a lot of tension as a 'yet another thing' going on over The Pond.

I couldn't tell you if there's a 'right' or 'wrong' here, but the 'mystery suicide' has people all worked up ...

Isn't there an investigation into her apparent suicide at the moment? Conspiracy theorists will say it's just being conducted to please the people while others will say the real findings won't be released... Aside from that, the shit that's going on over there is shocking!

Some inexcusable policing going on, that's for certain, but the Bland thing was a suicide of a troubled woman who had marijuana in her system and was apparently clinically depressed.

That said, what happened over a LANE CHANGE WITHOUT SIGNALLING is a fucking travesty! No blinker on caused all that?? Ridiculous escalation and, IMHO, she was probably pulled over for it because she was a black woman, which is a sad indictment of the level of racism in this country (and I don't mean because I think she was guilty of driving while black!)

Some inexcusable policing going on, that's for certain, but the Bland thing was a suicide of a troubled woman who had marijuana in her system and was apparently clinically depressed.

That said, what happened over a LANE CHANGE WITHOUT SIGNALLING is a fucking travesty! No blinker on caused all that?? Ridiculous escalation and, IMHO, she was probably pulled over for it because she was a black woman, which is a sad indictment of the level of racism in this country (and I don't mean because I think she was guilty of driving while black!)

For what it is worth, a police officer behind a vehicle often is not aware of the race and sex of the driver of said vehicle.

Changing lanes without signaling is usually a code violation. Yes, it is minor, however, it is "mistake" made by individuals under the influence. The no signal is justification for the stop. From there the police can see if they are under dui.

Last edited:
For what it is worth, a police officer behind a vehicle often is not aware of the race and sex of the driver of said vehicle.

Changing lanes without signaling is usually a code violation. Yes, it is minor, however, it is "mistake" made by individuals under the influence. The no signal is justification for the stop. From there you can see if they are under dui.

He had just finished ticketing a car on the opposite side of the road when he saw her car approaching and making the violation. He then turned around, caught her and pulled her over. Accordingly, he had a clear FRONTAL view of her before he ever set off after her.

That said, I thought he was very polite and normal until she got mouthy with him about her cigarette. As you may well know, cops in America want your hands in CLEAR VIEW AT ALL TIMES, and not waving around, reaching for an ash tray, or even reaching out of the window towards them. Her belligerence on that matter was definitely causal in escalating his tensions. His asking her to get out was meant to move her away from anything that might be in the car (hidden weapon?) and to get her hands up on the side of the car, or just away from potential trouble. How things got from there to the jail, I'm not sure. Once she was in the cell, it appears the only thing that may have been inappropriate was leaving her alone so long. I think she was troubled and there was no police officer at fault for her "murder," unlike other cases we have seen recently....like the guy running away from the cop who was executed by being shot in the back and left to die in the ground. That cop is a murderer and will be tried and convicted as such.

He had just finished ticketing a car on the opposite side of the road when he saw her car approaching and making the violation. He then turned around, caught her and pulled her over. Accordingly, he had a clear FRONTAL view of her before he ever set off after her.

That said, I thought he was very polite and normal until she got mouthy with him about her cigarette. As you may well know, cops in America want your hands in CLEAR VIEW AT ALL TIMES, and not waving around, reaching for an ash tray, or even reaching out of the window towards them. Her belligerence on that matter was definitely causal in escalating his tensions. His asking her to get out was meant to move her away from anything that might be in the car (hidden weapon?) and to get her hands up on the side of the car, or just away from potential trouble. How things got from there to the jail, I'm not sure. Once she was in the cell, it appears the only thing that may have been inappropriate was leaving her alone so long. I think she was troubled and there was no police officer at fault for her "murder," unlike other cases we have seen recently....like the guy running away from the cop who was executed by being shot in the back and left to die in the ground. That cop is a murderer and will be tried and convicted as such.

I am very aware of police wanting your hands visible when interacting with the public, whether in a vehicle or on the street. Hands are what kill you...

Last edited:
Hands are what kill you...

The phrase above is a cornerstone of self-awareness and safety in all aspects of going about our life. I know, especially in crowded areas, it can be a lifesaver. Hands equals weapons (be it a knife, a gun, or even just the hands themselves being put into an offensive position), weapons equal danger and danger needs to be nullified as quickly as possible. Sometimes that simply means putting more distance between you, other times it means addressing the threat, but it is the rare instance that danger comes from someone without their hands telling you it is coming.

Very well made point! Thank you.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.