You can't buy this referee

jimharri said:
ForzaMancini said:
jimharri said:
You were saying? Nailed on penalty not given. Hmm.

Think the responsibilty lies with the 5th official here. Perfect view yet didn't give it. The ref knows he had the best view and put his trust in him, which was a bad thing to do as it was as clear a penalty you will ever get.
I'm pretty sure that the ref can over-rule his assistants, and he had a pretty good view.

Yes but if the 5th official has a perfect view and doesn't give it then he is going to side with him. Which I think I would have in the same situation. Ref would have to be certain the 5th official was wrong to consider over-ruling him.

ForzaMancini said:
jimharri said:
ForzaMancini said:
Think the responsibilty lies with the 5th official here. Perfect view yet didn't give it. The ref knows he had the best view and put his trust in him, which was a bad thing to do as it was as clear a penalty you will ever get.
I'm pretty sure that the ref can over-rule his assistants, and he had a pretty good view.

Yes but if the 5th official has a perfect view and doesn't give it then he is going to side with him. Which I think I would have in the same situation. Ref would have to be certain the 5th official was wrong to consider over-ruling him.
But he was wrong. Stevie Wonder could see it was a penalty.

jimharri said:
ForzaMancini said:
jimharri said:

But he was wrong. Stevie Wonder could see it was a penalty.

Considering it was a Barca player you can understand the ref not being certain whether he dived or not. Poor refereeing but I think the 5th official should accept the most responsibilty.

eshiers1 said:
did our game with napoli at home i think

would be nice to ref at the highest level as a hobby whilst looking at the players thinking i have more money than you!!
He was brilliant, the best referee we've had this season

Dirty Harry said:
Fpmsl at the ref clearly watching Puyol's shirt being dragged off his back going for that header. tut fuckin tut.
It's ironic he didn't give the 2 clear pens to Barca. He gave them everything else outside the area.

Thought the officials were awfull in this game. So much shirt pulling, pulling back players which should be automatic yellow cards went unpunished.

I also dont see the point in the officials behind the goals. Ive never seen 1 do anything of note. How he couldnt see that was a penatly for Barcelona from being 2 yards away is a joke. Also Puyols shirt being pulled blatanly in full site of the ref, no penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.