"You have been blocked"

quiet_riot

Team supported
City
Just had a cloudflare page load stating that I've been blocked.

Code:
Why have I been blocked?
This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.
What can I do to resolve this?
You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the CloudFlare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

Only happened once and obviously not happened when trying to post this thread. Just a heads up.

The security system works on a few rules, mainly looking out for suspicious activities by the user (hacking type things that you personally shouldn't really see or know too much about).

If you have quite a few of these rules triggered then you hit that block page. This is often a false positive based on the way that the forum software works and how people generally post. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, just that we're being overzealous.

I'll tweak some stuff around.

Ok so I've figured this out.

Most of the time when you get this, it's because you've used a lot of banned characters (banned in database queries but our forum software automatically sorts them out) and the security protections we are running on the forum doesn't like them.

These are generally single (') or double quotes ("). If you throw a bunch of them around in your post then you'll trigger our over zealous alarms and get a blocked screen.

The best way to combat this is just to remove the single/double quotes and you should be able to post without a problem.

Damocles said:

Most of the time when you get this, it's because you've used a lot of banned characters (banned in database queries but our forum software automatically sorts them out) and the security protections we are running on the forum doesn't like them.

These are generally single (') or double quotes ("). If you throw a bunch of them around in your post then you'll trigger our over zealous alarms and get a blocked screen.

The best way to combat this is just to remove the single/double quotes and you should be able to post without a problem.

Makes sense, when I got blocked, I was "quoting" Nigel Pearson.

Just got it myself using quotes twice. Not moaning just noting it for anyone else who may get stumped.

Now where is that sql injection again :-D

TCIB said:
Just got it myself using quotes twice. Not moaning just noting it for anyone else who may get stumped.

Now where is that sql injection again :-D
I'm getting it now probably. Let's see.

System works!

Correction

No it doesn't. Edited all quotes before trying. Still can't reply to other threads or send pm to anyone except mods. But I can still start a new thread? Strange I can reply to this one in the first place!

Damocles said:

"Bluemoon 'cloud flare', ruining grammar and punctuation since 2015"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.