You won't believe this one (outgoing transfer rumour)

LoveCity

Liverpool set to make enquiry for Man City left-back

Liverpool are set to make an enquiry for Manchester City left-back Sylvinho before he signs a new deal at Eastlands, we understand.

Sylvinho joined Man City last summer on a free transfer from Barcelona and is out of contract this summer.

City have reportedly offered the Brazilian a new deal with Roberto Mancini keen on keeping the veteran.

Mancini said: “Sylvinho is a fantastic man and player who always works very well. He is important for us.”

However, Liverpool will also make an enquiry in the next 48 hours to see if Sylvinho is open to a move away.

Fabio Aurelio is out of contract and with no sign of a new deal for the left-back, Sylvinho has been made a target in the hope he could be a temporary fix.

Emiliano Insua started most games for the Reds last season, however Rafa Benitez believes the youngster could learn a lot from 36-year-old Sylvinho.

The Anfield outfit could be too late, however, with Sylvinho expected to pen a new deal to remain at City.

According to me, a move for Sylvinho will be very unlikely. He is happy at Eastlands and I don’t envisage him wanting a move away, especially this late in his career.

Honestly, it seems like a very strange player to target this summer, but in theory, it could work.

He would definitely have been a good replacement for Aurelio – even though he’s 36. Also Insua could have learnt quite a fair few bit from him.

Hopefully he would be available if Liverpool do go ahead with their enquiry. But I wouldn’t put my money on it. - Dave, editor.

<a class="postlink" href="http://lfcglobe.com/liverpool-set-to-make-enquiry-for-man-city-left-back/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lfcglobe.com/liverpool-set-to-ma ... left-back/</a>

Matt Diablo said:
how do you post images again? The one with the sinking ship will do...

sinking? there ships already growing coral!

2f3e8fa54db86e5c8e65febb22536fe9.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.