Young Boys Champions League (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Jack for me - just, thought Rico was great as well, Rodders good as ever, and Alverez with just the best attitude ever!

I guess we just take Rodri's 10/10 performances week in week out for granted now.
Went for Jack as well, does he start on Sunday?

It was another team performance - so nobody stood out and nobody had a poor game. Lewis started well and was instrumental in controlling the midfield in the first half - but he also lost the ball a couple of times in awkward places and allowed his man to get the run on him for the goal (I know I’m being harsh but he is so good and are is going to improve so expect more from him!) Haaland - 2 goals, some nice movement but still missing too many - Doku again getting in good positions and creating opportunities but faded in the second half - Rodri did what Rodri does and it would be easy to give him POTM every match - but he missed two good chances and gave the ball away once, not good enough! So I went for Grealish who was dangerous and provided the control we needed throughout the game. But I could easily agree with most other opinions!

Tough choice between Akanji, Erling and Jack but went for Grealish, was good to see him back to his best! Everyone was pretty solid though. Good day at the office.

I’ve voted for Jack but I wish I could vote for all of them!!

Not just for the way they played but because of the way some folk give them hell on the Match Day thread.
It wasn’t the best match I’ve ever watched but it also wasn’t the worst either.
However they were playing on an artificial pitch in absolutely pouring rain and if you didn’t see Erling showing the bruises on his side and his arms they were there all right! If that was replicated in any others we are going to need a lot of witch hazel tomorrow!! :-)

Last edited:
Rodri is just the coolest cucumber.
He's put in another effortless performance tonight, so he's my MOTM.

Grabbing silver is the increasingly impressive Lewis and the bronze goes to Grealish, who looked dangerous on the right flank - Pep should stick him there for a whole match.

I said it in the game thread but I don't think anyone played badly, but I voted Grealish. Rodri and Rico deserve a shout as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.