your 15 minutes of fame (city related)

Front page of The Guardian sports paper with my email argument with Gordon Taylor asking him to justify Giggs getting player of the season having only starting 14 games. Taylor then sent a very un PC reply to me.

I also mentioned Bluemoon in it!

Interviewd by Sky Sports after the presentation against QPR and shown on televison,to the delight of my fellow drinkers in my local.
1970 at Vienna me and my mate found the location where the team were staying and Alan Oakes and Glyn Pardoe got us a lift on the team bus to go to the training ground with them.

Been on a City-related feature on MOTD2 twice. The first was on the day of a game against Wigan in March 2007, the week before the infamous FA Cup tie at Blackburn. We filmed some of it upstairs in Mary D's.

The next was at the start of the following season for the first game at West Ham.

Been on BBC Radio Manchester & 5 Live loads of times, plus been interviewed by L'Equipe magazine.

And there was my response to Colin Shindler in the Daily Fail 3 years ago.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1206137/You-wrong-Colin--love-City.html

Interviewed by Elton Welsby live outside of Maine Road on the day Brian Horton was named manager and was in the executive boxes in the Platt Lane end.

Chosen as the Face of Manchester City as part of the Be Part Of It Campaign... poster of me at the Ringway Hotel with a plane landing in the background up in Urmston, in the MEN and Trafford local paper and on beermats around South Manchester.

i was shown on Sky screaming at Costel to get in the box, when he came up for the corner V the Rags, Fa cup last season!
loads of texts on the way home from people who had seen me!

7732156834_392894b04a_m.jpg

shinpads said:
sergio-1.jpg

me bottom right

yaya.jpg

me between van de sar and the goal post

programme.jpg

me in the programme

How happy do you look!!

Anyway mine was the 01/02 season I won a competition on century fm to meet all the players, be in the team photo and win the full kit.

It was at Maine road and a day or two before berkovic signed so him and Keegan was doing all the press pics holding up the shirt and scarf etc.

After the official snaps of the team was done it was then my turn to sit in the middle of them all and kk declared me as his new signing. Cheeky twat tried to say I looked like Steve howey with my skin head.

I was about 13 at the time and all seems abit of a blur now, I remember dunney looking half cut and Tony grant turned up about an hour late!

Was on GMR in 1981 the week before we player Norwich City in the FACup. They used to do a Saturday phone in quiz and the prize was usually City tickets if they were playing the next weekend at home. Having won, how delighted was I to receive a book about motocross as my prize!

A home game against Norwich few years ago, not sure which but looking at previous fixtures I'm fairly sure it was 1-1 game in November 2004.
I was only 11 and won 2 tickets at Junior Blues (My uncle was already a season ticket and moved to sit with me). Before the game I got asked if I wanted to go on the pitch at half time to have a game of Crossbar Challenge from the penalty spot. Up I went with 3 other lads, they all got around middle of the net, my turn, BAM right on the crossbar ;).

Won a Playstation 2, got given the chance to go again and win a tour around Key 103 and missed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.