Your Dumbest Match-Day Comment

Harvster

I normally confine myself to either shouting loudly at defenders preparing to shoot from too far out - Kompany v Leicester, or Walker v Newcastle for example, or offering set piece advice - "Don't let Flower / Spanish Dave have it" (Ipswich & Newcastle). (In my defence, prior to recently becoming the world's finest exponent of a free kick, Signor Silva's previous efforts were usually dinks landing on the roof of the net)

Anyway, earlier this season I surpassed myself. City were playing an evening cup game (can't recall who against) and me and number one son parked up early doors at St Brigid's, preparing to stroll over to Asda for tea. We normally sit in Colin Bell Level 3 but it was closed for this fixture, so we had been shifted to somewhere in Level 1.

Who should be climbing out of the only other vehicle in the car park but our mate Tony, who sits just in front of us, and was already aware of our preferred pre-match eaterie. As he approached, Tony launched two quick fire questions at me: "Off to Asda for your tea? Where are you sitting?"

Now Tony is a retired pilot and clearly a very intelligent man, so I was somewhat dumbfounded by these two seemingly inane queries, which, in hindsight, I regret thinking were linked. At the time all I could do was hit him with an Alan Partridge shrug and Hugh Grant stammer: "Where.., wherever there's space?"

It was then that I received simultaneous stereo responses. Left ear, Tony - "Not in Asda, you dozy bugger!" Right Ear, Harvster Junior - "Oh, for ***** sake!"

Dear Blue Mooners, have you ever embarrassed yourself in a similar manner....?

Countless many to remember them

My one good one was shouting shoot when Kev got the ball v Swansea at home in 17/18 and he promptly twatted it in the top corner.

Not me,but my mate in the bar of our hotel after beating villa in the league cup final this year

he said to a group of villa fans we'd just started chatting to " what division are you lot in ,the championship ? "

he'd had a brainfart and a few too many,but i still couldn't believe he'said it to them

i said to him " don't you remember us beating them 6-1 away only a few weeks ago "

Some early premier league game sat in the north stand. The season most of the kippax relocated there,I shouted:
“Don’t just stand there, spank him!”

Suffice to say got a few weird looks lol

I was at the Huddersfield 6-1 game and we had a freekick with Silva standing over it. I commented that Silva was such a weak freekick taker who'd never even scored 1 over the years, that he could take the freekick, then I could go down for a piss; buy a pint and a hotdog and consume them at my own leisurely pace; walk home; have a wash; go to Tesco to do the weekly shop; return and unpack it all; have a nap; do a 10000 piece puzzle; walk back to the game; buy another pint and a hotdog and again consume them at a leisurely pace; have another piss; and then return to my seat all in good time to see the keeper catch the freekick...

He smashed it in to the top corner.

2014 City v Barca

Sat in the family stand, you could hear a pin drop. I'd had a few outside the ground due to the no alcohol allowed inside rule.

Messi lines up a shot, if goes flying over the bar and over my head.

"You're f**cking sh*t" I yelled into the silent air!

Said to my mate. I just don't understand why foden has started in sure a big game like this, I really don't.. Next thing the ball is in the net, city won 1-0 v spuds.

Countless many to remember them

My one good one was shouting shoot when Kev got the ball v Swansea at home in 17/18 and he promptly twatted it in the top corner.
I had the opposite experience, shouting "don't shoot" at the top of my voice as Asa Hartford lined up a 30 yarder at Middlesbrough. Inevitably it nearly burst the net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.