Your Favourite Classical Music Pieces

Has to be the overture to Die Fledermaus by Johann Strauss.
Such a brilliant, all-encompassing, overture that there was a complete Tom & Jerry Film made utilising it - Tom & Jerry at The Hollywood Bowl, 1950

On Sunday Dec 4th there is a concert at the Carnegie Hall in New York

, “Carol of the Bells” returns to Carnegie Hall 100 years after its North American premiere, when New York audiences first experienced Ukraine’s unique choral tradition. Hear the song alongside other beloved Ukrainian carols and contemporary choral works in a concert that features conductor Daniela Candillari, soprano Janai Brugger, Ukrainian-Canadian singer Marichka Marczyk, Ukraine Children’s Choir Shchedryk, The Choir of Trinity Wall Street, Ukrainian Chorus Dumka of New York, and Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus of North America.

My daughter in law is the artistic director and has spent two years organising this, somewhat heightened by recent events!

It is at 2 pm New York time, 7 pm U.K. time and there is a link here to watch the concert live. ( if you aren’t a football fan!)

https://vimeo.com/event/2656132

I know Pachebel's canon has been mentioned before but this version, used in Channel 4's The Art of Music has been used for family funerals due to the title of the video. It's a beautiful piece of music but tinged with sadness for me.

On Sunday Dec 4th there is a concert at the Carnegie Hall in New York

, “Carol of the Bells” returns to Carnegie Hall 100 years after its North American premiere, when New York audiences first experienced Ukraine’s unique choral tradition. Hear the song alongside other beloved Ukrainian carols and contemporary choral works in a concert that features conductor Daniela Candillari, soprano Janai Brugger, Ukrainian-Canadian singer Marichka Marczyk, Ukraine Children’s Choir Shchedryk, The Choir of Trinity Wall Street, Ukrainian Chorus Dumka of New York, and Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus of North America.

My daughter in law is the artistic director and has spent two years organising this, somewhat heightened by recent events!

It is at 2 pm New York time, 7 pm U.K. time and there is a link here to watch the concert live. ( if you aren’t a football fan!)

https://vimeo.com/event/2656132

I'm sorry I missed this in Sunday, but I was watching the footy anyway. I'm looking forward to catching up with this later on this evening.

Carol of the Bells is so evocative of Christmas, that it never fails to bring me that special festive feeling of light, life and warmth, in the midst of everything cold and dark, and the doom and gloom of the world. The scene in Home Alone where this song features always brings a tear to my eye.

Thanks for sharing this, and I'm sure your daughter-in-law has done a great job in putting this together.

Bach Cello suites for me. Saw Yo Yo Ma doing it solo, all 6 suites in 1 sitting with no breaks. astounding.

or
Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings

For modern classical, I like all the stuff from John Murphy ( 28 days later etc )

This one always sticks with me, from a game trailer no less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.